Blocks are drag-and-drop features that display content on your site. You'll use them to customize your pages with a variety of content, like text, images, buttons, and forms.
In this guide, you'll learn about the different types of blocks in Squarespace. For help adding blocks, visit Adding blocks.
Watch a video
Types of blocks
Use these blocks to add content to your site:
- 500px - Add images from your 500px account.
- Acuity - Add online booking with Acuity Scheduling.
- Amazon - Link to Amazon items. This is useful if you participate in Amazon's Affiliate program.
- Archive - Display organized lists of links to collection items.
- Audio - Add players for audio files.
- Bandsintown - Display tour dates from your Bandsintown profile.
- Button - Add buttons and calls to action.
- Calendar - Display items on your pages, like events, as a calendar sorted by day.
- Chart - Add bar, line, and pie charts.
- Code - Add custom code or display code snippets.
- Content Link - Add links to other pages on your site with visual previews.
- Donation - Collect donations to your cause or organization. Requires a connected Stripe or PayPal account.
- Embed - Add external content with links to tweets, videos, and more.
- Flickr - Add images from your Flickr account.
- Foursquare - Add feeds of your Foursquare check-ins.
- Form - Add forms to collect information from visitors.
- Gallery - Add galleries of images or videos in Carousel, Grid, Slideshow, or Stack layouts.
- Image - Add images with captions in Card, Collage, Inline, Overlap , Poster, or Stack layouts.
- Instagram - Add posts from your Instagram account.
- Line - Add horizontal lines to break up text or visually separate content.
- Map - Add Google Maps with location pins.
- Markdown - Add text using the Markdown language.
- Menu - Display restaurant menus.
- Newsletter - Add newsletter subscription forms.
- OpenTable - Add restaurant reservation booking. You'll need an OpenTable Restaurant ID.
- Product - Display products from Products Pages.
- Quote - Add styled quotations or testimonials.
- RSS - Add links to Blog Page RSS feeds.
- Search - Add search boxes.
- Social Links - Add icons that link to social media profiles.
- SoundCloud - Embed SoundCloud players.
- Spacer - Add adjustable amounts of space or padding between blocks.
- Summary - Display collection items from your site in Carousel, Grid, List, or Wall layouts.
- Tag Cloud - Display tags or categories in a graphic cloud formation.
- Text - Add text, including headings, quotes, pre-formatted text, links, and lists.
- Twitter - Display feeds of your most recent tweets and a follow button.
- Video - Add externally hosted videos.
- Zola - Add wedding registries.
Add multiple blocks to a page or content area and drag and drop them to build the page. You can:
- Move blocks to rearrange them or float one block in another.
- Create columns and rows with blocks for more complex layouts.
- Resize blocks using other blocks, most commonly the Spacer Block.
- Delete a block by clicking and dragging it to the trash can icon.
Use the Archive Block instead of these discontinued blocks:
- Author List
- Category List
- Month List
- Tag List
For more help, visit Discontinued features.