Blocks are the foundation of your site. You can add, move, and combine blocks on a page to create a custom layout. Each block is designed to add different types of content to most areas of your site, including:
Add a block
Visit Adding blocks to learn how to add blocks to your site.
- Text - Add text to your site, including headings, quotes, pre-formatted text, links, and lists
- Markdown - Add text using the Markdown language
- Quote - Add styled quotes and testimonials
- Image - Add a single image.
- Video - Add an externally hosted video
- Audio - Add a single audio file in a player
- Embed - Add external content to your site by using links to tweets, videos, and more
For an overview of Gallery Blocks, visit Using Gallery Blocks.
- Carousel Gallery - Add a gallery of images or videos in a horizontal strip
- Grid Gallery - Add a gallery of images or videos in a symmetrical grid
- Slideshow Gallery - Add a gallery of images or videos in a slideshow
- Stack Gallery - Add a column of multiple images or videos
For an overview of Summary Blocks, visit Using Summary Blocks.
- Wall Summary - Display content in a masonry style grid
- Carousel Summary - Display a set number of items at a time, with navigation
- List Summary - Display content in a single column with thumbnail images on one side and text on the other
- Grid Summary - Display content in a symmetrical grid
- Bandsintown - Display tour dates from your Bandsintown profile
- Calendar - Display items in your pages, like events, as a calendar sorted by day
- Code - Add custom code (like a third-party widget) or display code
- Form - Add a form to collect information from visitors. This is useful for creating contact pages, surveys, signup forms, or applications.
- Line - Add a horizontal line between blocks. This is a great way to break up text or visually separate content.
- Map - Add a Google Map with a pin in your location.
- Menu - Display your restaurant's menu
- Newsletter - Add a newsletter subscription form. This block requires a connected MailChimp account.
- OpenTable - Add restaurant reservation booking. You'll need your OpenTable Restaurant ID.
- Spacer - Add an adjustable amount of space or padding between blocks.
- Zola - Add a wedding registry
Filter and List Blocks
- Archive - Display an organized list of content links.
- Button - Add buttons and calls to action.
- Content Link - Add a visual link to content.
- Search - Add a search box.
- Summary - Present your content in a flexible magazine-style layout.
- Tag Cloud - Display tags or categories in a graphic cloud formation.
- Amazon - Display and link to an item on Amazon. This is useful if you participate in Amazon's Affiliate program.
- Donation - Allow visitors to donate to your cause or organization. This block requires a connected Stripe account.
- Product - Add a product to a page or blog post. This is a great way to promote a product or display products in different combinations than your Product pages.
For an overview of Chart Blocks, visit Chart Blocks overview.
- 500px - Add images from your 500px account
- Flickr - Add a gallery of your Flickr photos.
- Foursquare - Add a feed of your Foursquare check-ins
- Instagram - Add a gallery of your Instagram photos
- RSS - Add a link to the RSS feed of a Blog Page
- Social Links - Add social icons that link to social media profiles. This is an alternative if your template doesn't have default social icons.
- SoundCloud - Embed a SoundCloud player
- Twitter - Display a feed of your most recent tweets and a follow button
Use the Archive Block instead of these discontinued blocks.
Blocks in action
Add multiple blocks to a page or content area and drag and drop them to build the page. You can:
- Move blocks to add columns, rows, and floating.
- Resize blocks using other blocks, most commonly the Spacer Block.
- Delete a block by clicking and dragging it to the trash can icon.
In the example page below, we're editing a Regular Page. We have six blocks:
- Two Line Blocks
- One Open Table Block
- Two Text Blocks
- One Image Block
The blocks are arranged to create a custom layout:
- The Line Blocks and the OpenTable Block are in their own rows in a single column.
- The Text Blocks are arranged in two columns in row under the OpenTable Block.
- The Image Block is below the Text Block.