You can use Page Settings to edit a page's title, URL, thumbnail, and other options. This reference guide walks you through the universal settings available on any page and advanced features for specific page types and templates.
Note: For a general overview of pages, visit Understanding the Pages panel. To add a new page, visit Adding pages to your navigation. To move pages, visit Moving pages around your navigation.
Open Page Settings
From the Home Menu, click Pages.
In the Pages panel, hover over a page title, then click the next to the title.
The Settings window will open with at least three tabs of options: Basic, Media, and Advanced. Depending on your template and page type, there might be additional tabs. After making changes, click Save.
The next sections in this guide explain the universal settings for Basic and Advanced, followed by additional settings for specific page types.
- Navigation Title - The name of the page as it displays in navigation menus.
- Page Title - The title of the page as it displays at the top of browsers, in search results, and on the page in certain templates.
- Enabled - Check Enabled to display the page to visitors. Uncheck Enabled to disable the page. This is useful if you want to temporarily hide the page while you're working on it. To learn more, visit Enabling and disabling pages.
- Description - A description of the page. This is the recommended description for search results. It also appears in certain templates' special banners.
- URL - The URL slug for this page. For example, if the slug is "/about," the main page's full URL is "http://yourdomain.com/about." Visit Changing URL slugs for tips and limitations.
- Password - A password if you want to password-protect the page.
- Page Controls - Set this page as your homepage, duplicate it, or delete it.
Note: Some templates have a Page Layout option where you can select to display page-specific sidebars.
- Thumbnail/Banner Image - A thumbnail image represents the page when it's displayed in an Index. In certain templates, it may appear as a page banner.
- Page Header Code Injection - Add code to the header for this page only. Code Injection is a Premium feature.
- Manage Tags/Categories - Bulk-update and manage tags and categories that organize items on this page. This option only appears for collection pages.
Blog Page Settings
Blog Pages feature these additional settings:
- Posts Per Page - Set the number of posts displayed (1-20). This isn't available in the Farro family.
- Post by Email Address (Discontinued) - Use a unique address to publish new blog posts by email.
- Quickpost Bookmarklet - A bookmarklet you can drag into your browser bookmarks bar to publish blog posts.
Note: Farro and Haute don't have the Posts Per Page option. For these templates, set how the page loads in the Style Editor.
- Post Blog Item Code Injection - Add code that appears between blog posts' content and footers. In some templates, the code appears above the post content instead. Code Injection is a Premium feature.
- Apple News - Connect your blog to your Apple News channel.
- RSS Feed Replacement URL - Add a third-party version of your RSS URL, such as one from FeedBurner. To use the RSS URL automatically generated by Squarespace, leave this field blank. To learn more about RSS and Squarespace, visit Using RSS feeds.
- iTunes / Podcasting Setup - Click Connect to set up a Blog Page for podcasting with iTunes.
The Features tab appears in Blog Page Settings for certain templates. Use this tab to enable or disable blog post excerpts by selecting either Excerpt or Full from the Post Display drop-down.
Product Page Settings
Products Pages feature these additional settings:
- Enable Quick View - Check to enable Quick View for this Product Page. This feature is only available in certain templates.