With our Google Workspace integration, you can create email addresses for your custom domain. You'll get access to other features like Google Calendar and Google Drive. On eligible billing plans, you can receive a free year of Google Workspace.
After signing up, you'll manage billing for Google Workspace through Squarespace. You'll use Google to access your email, calendars, and documents. To learn more, see Who to contact for support.
Google Workspace was previously known as G Suite by Google.
Google Workspace isn't available on Squarespace 5 sites or Mobile Start plans.
Tip: For help with common Google Workspace issues, visit the signing up or troubleshooting guides.
Am I eligible?
To sign up for Google Workspace from your Squarespace website:
- You must have a trial site, paid site, or parking page on Squarespace version 7.1 or 7.0.
- You must have at least one custom domain for your site. You can use a Squarespace Domain or a third-party domain.
- You must live in a supported country.
- You can't use a domain that previously had or currently has a Google Workspace or legacy G Suite or Google Apps account. You can't transfer a Google Workspace account from Google or another reseller to Squarespace.
- You can't have another domain connected to Google Workspace through your site. All Squarespace plans are allowed one Google Workspace account per site.
I already signed up for Google Workspace
This integration is best suited for those who don’t have email for their domain yet, and is only available to new Google Workspace accounts. If you signed up for Google Workspace through Google or another reseller, it's not possible to link it to your Squarespace site. You’ll continue paying for and accessing your account through Google directly. If you already have an email account through a different third-party provider, you can migrate to Google Workspace through Squarespace, but note that this requires some extra coordination with your email host.
Here are the pricing details for Google Workspace:
- Our integration includes Google Workspace's Business Starter plan. For a complete list of features or how to use a different Google Workspace plan, visit Google Workspace pricing, billing, and invoices.
- You can add multiple email addresses, or "users." The number of users determines your total monthly or annual price.
- Annual billing (per user/email address) - $72 / €62.40 / £55.20 / A$100.80
- Monthly billing (per user/email address) - $6 / €5.20 / £4.60 / A$8.40
- You manage billing for Google Workspace directly through Squarespace.
- Both billing cycles include 30 GB of Google Drive storage per user. For more details, visit Google’s documentation.
- Google Workspace may be subject to state and local sales taxes. If your account is subject to tax, you’ll see it added at checkout. To learn more, visit our guides on taxes in the United States, United Kingdom, European Union, or Australia.
Note: Google recently changed the pricing of Google Workspace plans. If you’re an existing Google Workspace customer, these prices may not match what you see in your Billing panel or previous invoices. We’ll send an email alerting you when the new prices will take effect for your account. To learn more about this change, read Google’s update.
To learn more, visit Google Workspace pricing, billing, and invoices.
Can I integrate an existing email account?
The Google Workspace integration is only available for new Google Workspace accounts and best suited for those who don’t have email for their domain yet.
If you already have email through another third-party provider, you can migrate to Google Workspace through Squarespace, but note that this requires some coordination with your email host. Alternatively, you can keep your email with your provider and still use it as form storage, as a link, or on a contact page.
You can't use our integration if:
- You already have Google Workspace (purchased from Google or another reseller) with the chosen domain. You’ll continue paying for and accessing your account through Google or your reseller.
- You used Google Workspace with the chosen domain before. Instead, try signing up directly through Google Workspace.
Note: It's not possible to use multiple email providers with a single domain.
What can I do with Google Workspace and Squarespace together?
Connecting to Google Workspace through Squarespace brings more of your online presence together. You can manage Google Workspace tasks without leaving Squarespace, like adding users/email addresses, renaming users, and reviewing invoices.
Connect your Google Workspace email to your site
After signing up for Google Workspace, you can connect your custom email address to different areas of your site. This ensures any communication on your site goes to your custom email address. For next steps, review the table below.
Note: Don't use your Google Workspace address as your Squarespace account email address. If your domain expires or you forget the password for both accounts, you could be locked out of Squarespace. If you've already done this, we recommend changing your account email address.
Where to change your email address
How to update your email
Commerce reply-to emails
Change the Reply-To address for order and donation notifications so you can communicate with customers or donors from your new Google Workspace address.
Form and newsletter storage
In Form and Newsletter Blocks, from the block’s Storage tab, click x next to the email address, then enter your new Google Workspace email address in the field. For detailed steps, visit Managing form and newsletter storage.
Pages on your site
Sender profile for Email Campaigns
If you use Email Campaigns to stay in touch with your customers, ensure you create a new sender profile using your Google Workspace email address. Sending Email Campaigns from a custom email address makes it more likely your emails bypass spam filters.
Cover Pages (version 7.0)
Who to contact for support
Squarespace Customer Support can help you with these Google Workspace questions:
- Anything in the Google Workspace panel in Squarespace
- Eligibility and general questions before signing up
- Signing up
- Billing and invoices
- User management
- Add a domain or domain alias
- Administrator privilege definitions
- Create a group
- Migrate mail, contacts & calendars
- Set up Google Sync on your iOS device
- Set up MX records
How do I sign up?
Sign up for Google Workspace within your site using the Google Workspace panel:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, then click Google Workspace.
- Follow the prompts to choose a plan and create your account.
For a step-by-step guide, visit Signing up for Google Workspace.