We offer a 14-day free trial so you can try Squarespace and get to know our features before subscribing. We don't require credit card information to sign up for a trial. To get started, visit Squarespace.com.
Tip: If you've used Squarespace before, you can start a new trial from an existing site. This helps you keep multiple sites organized under one account. To learn more, visit Managing multiple sites.
Note: If you're not ready to build a site, but you'd like to register a domain, start with a Squarespace Domain and parking page.
How trials work
Your website is online as soon as you begin a trial. You'll have access to nearly all features so you can learn how the Squarespace platform works and create a design you like.
Here are some things to note about trials:
- You can create as many trials as you want. When you're ready to upgrade to paid service, you'll upgrade and pay for each site separately.
- Your site is hidden behind a CAPTCHA during your trial.
- After signing up for paid service, your site is visible to search engines. To learn more, visit Upgrading to paid service.
- If your trial expires, you won't have access to your site until you upgrade to paid service.
- Search engines don’t index trial sites. After signing up for paid service, your site is visible to search engines.
- Your trial can't be verified by Google Search Console or Bing Webmaster Tools until you upgrade to paid service.
- If your site is in trial, podcasts can't be submitted to or subscribed to via iTunes.
- Trial sites can’t accept payments through Squarespace Commerce.
- Trial sites can't connect to a PayPal Business account.
- Trials can't license Getty Images.
- Trials don’t have access to our G Suite integration.
- Trials can’t use advanced Commerce features like Abandoned Checkout Recovery.
Tip: Squarespace Circle members have access to six-month trials. To learn more, visit Squarespace Circle FAQ.
What happens when my trial ends?
You'll receive an email the day before your trial ends, giving you a chance to consider your next steps. You'll have a few options:
- If you're ready to use the full version of your site, upgrade to paid service. You can upgrade at any time during your trial.
- If you need more time, we can extend your trial by seven days.
- You can also let your trial site expire. When your trial expires, the site won't be public, and all content is marked for permanent deletion. Depending on how much time passes after expiration, you might be able to upgrade to paid service and continue to edit the site as you last left it.
Start a trial
Note: If you already have a Squarespace Domain on a parking page, you can start a new trial site linked to your domain by clicking Build A Site in the main menu.
Use the following steps to create a new trial site:
- Go to squarespace.com and click Get Started.
- Choose to Create a Site or Build a Store. (You can also use Commerce features if you choose to create a site.)
- Browse our templates, and select one you like. Starting with a template that fits your needs will make designing your site easier, but you can always switch templates later. For advice, visit Choosing the right template.
- Once you select a template, you'll see a signup/login form:
- If you're new to Squarespace - Enter your name and email address. Create a password to use to log into your site. Click Sign Up & Create.
- If you already have a Squarespace account - Click Or use an existing account. then log in using the same email address and password you use to log into other sites. This adds your new trial site to a menu you can use to switch between sites.
After this step, you'll be logged into Squarespace and your new site. You’ll receive an email confirmation of your new trial. We recommend keeping this email for your records.
Start building your site
Congratulations—you started a new site! Welcome to Squarespace. Here are some next steps to start building and customizing your site:
- After clicking Create, you'll be logged into Squarespace.
- You'll see demo content that acts as a placeholder and inspiration for your new design.
- The Home Menu on the left has all of the tools you need to customize your design and add content.
- Visit our Getting started tutorial series for step-by-step videos to help you get your site up and running.
Note: By signing up for a free trial, you agree to our Terms of Service.