We offer a 14-day free trial so you can try Squarespace and get to know our features before subscribing. We don't require credit card information to sign up for a trial. To get started, visit Squarespace.com.
Tip: If you've used Squarespace before, you can start a new trial from an existing site. This helps you keep multiple sites organized under one account. To learn more, visit Managing multiple sites.
Note: If you're not ready to build a site, but you'd like to register a domain, start with a Squarespace Domain and parking page.
Watch a video
How trials work
You'll have access to nearly all features, including most Premium features, so you can learn how the Squarespace platform works and create a design you like.
Here are some things to note about trials:
- You can create as many trials as you want. When you're ready to upgrade to paid service, you'll upgrade and pay for each site separately.
- Your site is private during your trial, but you can allow certain visitors by adding a password.
- If your trial expires, you won't have access to your site until you upgrade to paid service.
- To cancel or remove a trial site from your account before it expires, follow the steps in Cancelling a Squarespace trial.
- Search engines don’t index trial sites. After publishing your site, your site is visible to search engines.
- Your trial can't be verified by Google Search Console or Bing Webmaster Tools until you upgrade to paid service.
- If your site is in trial, podcasts can't be submitted to or subscribed to via iTunes.
- Trial sites can’t accept payments through Squarespace Commerce.
- Trial sites can't connect to a PayPal Business account.
- Trials can't license Getty Images.
- Trials can’t use advanced Commerce features like Abandoned Checkout Recovery or Customer Accounts.
- If your trial site has more than two contributors, you won't be able to upgrade to the Website Personal plan.
Tip: Squarespace Circle members have access to six-month trials. To learn more, visit Squarespace Circle FAQ.
What happens when my trial ends?
You'll receive an email the day before your trial ends, giving you a chance to consider your next steps. You'll have a few options:
- If you're ready to use the full version of your site, upgrade to paid service. You can upgrade at any time during your trial. If your trial site uses Premium features, choose the Website Business plan or higher to continue using them.
- If you need more time, we can extend your trial by seven days.
- You can also let your trial site expire. When your trial expires, the site won't be public, and all content is marked for permanent deletion. Depending on how much time passes after expiration, you might be able to upgrade to paid service and continue to edit the site as you last left it.
Start a trial
There are a few ways to start a new Squarespace trial site:
Option 1 - If you’re new to Squarespace
- Go to squarespace.com and click Get Started.
- Click Start by answering a few questions and follow the prompts to receive template recommendations/build a custom template, or click Start by browsing templates to browse our template store.
- Click the Start With... button on the template you want, or click Start Editing if you created a custom template.
- You’ll be logged into your new site.
When you create an account, you’ll pick your login information. You can either:
- Use an email address and password to log in. We recommend using an email address you can easily access.
- Use your Facebook, Google, or Twitter account to save time and log in with one click. You’ll be prompted to log into that account and make the connection to Squarespace.
Note: If you try to sign up with a social account and see an error that says Email address required, ensure you have an email address on file for that social account.
You’ll always log in the same way you signed up. For example, if you sign up with a Google account, you’ll always log in using your Google account.
Option 2 - If you already have an account
- Go to account.squarespace.com. If prompted, log into your account.
- In the top-right corner of your Account Dashboard, click Create a Site.
- Follow the prompts to choose a template and start a new site.
- You’ll be logged into your new site, which will start as a trial.
Tip: To create a new site on your account using the Custom Template, follow these steps.
Option 3 - If you already have a Squarespace Domain parking page
If you registered a Squarespace Domain to a parking page, you can start a trial that’s automatically linked to that domain. To get started, log into your parking page and click Build a Site in the main menu.
- For advice, visit Choosing the right template.
- You’ll receive an email confirmation of your new trial. Keep this email so you can refer to it later.
Start building your site
Congratulations—you started a new site! Welcome to Squarespace. Here are some next steps to start building and customizing your site:
- After clicking Create, you'll be logged into Squarespace.
- You'll see demo content that acts as a placeholder and inspiration for your new design.
- The Home Menu on the left has all of the tools you need to customize your design and add content.
- Visit our Getting started tutorial series for step-by-step videos to help you get your site up and running.
Note: By signing up for a free trial, you agree to our Terms of Service.