Choosing the right plan ensures you have the features you need for your site. The Personal and Business plans are ideal for websites, while the Commerce plans have more features for online stores. You can subscribe to these plans on an annual or monthly billing cycle.
You can also purchase domains through Squarespace, reserving your site with a domain parking page. All annual Squarespace plans include a free custom domain for the first year.
Before you begin
- We sometimes change our plans to best group features for our customers. The plans on this page reflect our current options. If you’re a continuing Squarespace customer, you might have signed up with an older plan. We continue to support older plans, but you might be interested in upgrading to access newer features. To learn more, visit Legacy billing plans.
- Billing plans apply to individual sites only. If you have more than one Squarespace site, you’ll pay for each one separately, and each will have its own billing plan.
Pricing and billing
- For our current pricing on any of these plans, visit our Pricing page.
- Domain pricing varies by TLD.
- All website plans are available in annual or monthly billing cycles. On an annual billing cycle, the average monthly cost is lower, and you can register a free custom domain for a year.
- Domain subscriptions renew annually.
Squarespace Domains (domain only)
You can purchase a Squarespace Domain to reserve a URL without building a full site. The domain will redirect to a parking page, a standard minimalist design with your domain in the center and a Squarespace logo in the top corner.
This option is ideal if you’re not ready to create a website but want to claim a space on the web. After you have a domain, you can add a custom email address through Google Workspace, purchase more domains, or switch to a trial to begin building your site.
The Personal and Business plans have features ideal for most websites. You can use a template to lay out your content, add pages to navigation menus, upload galleries of images, and more. With Business plans, you can also manage a small online shop if you don't need advanced business features in the Commerce plans.
The Personal plan is well-suited to smaller sites with one or two contributors. If you're an individual or small group looking to display work, write a blog, provide information, or establish a basic web presence, the Personal plan should meet your needs.
Key features include:
- 24/7 customer support
- A mobile-optimized website with up to 1000 pages
- Free custom domain for one year
- SSL security
- Two contributors
- Website Analytics (panels vary by plan)
For more robust sites, choose the Business plan to invite unlimited contributors and use Premium features like Squarespace Commerce, custom code, and built-in integrations with third-party services. If you need extensive content or a team of editors or admins, the Business plan is an affordable way to create and manage a site.
This plan is ideal for displaying your work, creating a home for your business, and selling products on a small shop page (for example, if you’re an artist selling prints or a band selling merchandise). The Business plan uses the same store design and checkout flow of the Commerce plans, still letting you sell unlimited items but with simplified features.
Includes all features in the Personal plan, plus:
- $100 Google Ads credit
- 1 free Google Workspace user/inbox for first year
- Announcement and mobile information bars
- Commerce Analytics (panels vary by plan)
- Custom code, including the Code Block, Code Injection, and the Developer Platform
- Fully integrated Commerce (3% transaction fee. If you make $3,200 USD annually through your online store, the Commerce Basic plan may save you money by avoiding the transaction fees.)
- Mailchimp integration
- Promotional pop-ups
- Unlimited contributors
- All other Premium features (see the full list)
Commerce plans come in two tiers, Basic and Advanced. Both are suitable for smaller retailers new to eCommerce and larger stores with advanced marketing and shipping needs. If selling online is the primary goal of your site, this is the right option for you.
The Basic plan supports smaller businesses and eCommerce retailers who don't need advanced integrations for marketing. If your site is focused on eCommerce, you can sell unlimited items and build your online store on our commerce-focused templates.
Includes all features in the Business plan, plus:
- Additional Commerce Analytics (panels vary by plan)
- Checkout on Your Domain
- Customer Accounts
- Limited availability labels
- Local and regional shipping
- No Squarespace Commerce transaction fees
- Product importing from other eCommerce platforms or a .csv file
For larger eCommerce stores that process many orders and need advanced shipping and marketing options, choose the Advanced plan to use a full set of selling tools. Use carrier calculated shipping rates to give your customers the best, most affordable shipping options.
Includes all features in the Commerce Basic plan, plus:
- Abandoned Cart Recovery
- Automatic discounts
- Carrier Calculated shipping
- Limited availability labels
- Subscription products
Mobile Start plan
If you have a trial site and you're using the iOS Squarespace App or iOS Commerce App, you can upgrade to a Mobile Start plan using in-app purchase. This is a great way to get started with the paid version of Squarespace without committing to a plan with recurring payments.
Select and Enterprise solutions
With Squarespace Select and Enterprise, you can accelerate your business and iterate quickly with our flexible design tools.
If you're a small business looking for dedicated website support on top of our most advanced features, visit squarespace.com/select.
If you're an enterprise looking for a customized plan with dedicated support, integrated SSO, and more, visit squarespace.com/enterprise.
Upgrade to paid service
After starting a trial at squarespace.com, you can select a plan whenever you're ready to upgrade to paid service.