With our partnership with G Suite by Google, you can create email addresses for your custom domain. You'll also get access to other G Suite features like Google Calendar and Google Drive. Customers on an eligible billing plan can receive a free year of G Suite.
Signing up for G Suite through Squarespace lets you manage your email account billing as part of your Squarespace site, but you'll still use Google's interface to access your emails, calendars, and documents.
Note: Google Apps recently rebranded as G Suite. Although the name is different, the product still works the same way. If you previously signed up to Google Apps, your account hasn’t changed. See more in Google’s blog post.
Am I eligible?
To sign up for G Suite from your Squarespace website:
- You must have a trial site, paid site, or parking page on Squarespace 7. G Suite isn’t available on Squarespace 5 sites.
- You must have at least one custom domain for your site. You can use a Squarespace Domain or a third-party domain connected to your site.
- You must reside in a supported country.
- Your domain can't be connected to an existing G Suite account.
- You can't have another domain on your site connected to G Suite. All Squarespace plans are allowed one G Suite account per site, although you can create a domain alias using Google's documentation.
Pricing is based on the number of users in your G Suite account. Billing is handled directly through Squarespace. To learn more, visit G Suite pricing, billing, and invoices.
- Annual billing - $50 per year per user (email address)
- Monthly billing - $5 per month per user (email address)
Can I integrate an existing email account?
The G Suite integration with Squarespace is only available to new G Suite accounts.
- If you already have G Suite through Google or another reseller, it isn’t possible to link it to your Squarespace site. You’ll continue paying for and accessing your account through Google directly.
- If you already have an email account through a different third-party provider, you can migrate to G Suite through Squarespace, but note that this requires some extra coordination with your email host.
- Even if you don't manage your email directly through Squarespace, you can still use your custom email throughout your site as form storage, as a link, or on a contact page.
What can I do with G Suite and Squarespace together?
As your business grows, it's important to maintain a consistent brand across different channels. Connecting to G Suite through Squarespace brings more of your online presence together.
- Get Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive for your domain without changing DNS records.
- Manage G Suite admin tasks without leaving your Squarespace site, like adding users/email addresses, renaming users, and reviewing invoices.
- Connect your contact forms to a branded email addresses and Google Drive.
- Send and reply to Commerce email notifications from a branded email address.
How do I sign up?
Sign up for G Suite within your site using the Email panel. In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Email. Follow the prompts to choose a plan and create your account.
For a step-by-step guide, visit Signing up for G Suite.
Who to contact for support
Squarespace Customer Care can help you with these G Suite questions:
- Signing up
- Billing and invoices
- User management
- Other questions about the Email panel
- Add a domain or domain alias
- Create a group
- Migrate mail, contacts & calendars
- Set up Google Sync on your iOS device
- Set up MX records
- Administrator privilege definitions
- For help with common issues, visit Troubleshooting G Suite.
- If you already signed up, you can add more users and connect G Suite to forms, email notifications, and more.