Use your Account Dashboard to review your Squarespace sites, domains, billing details, and profile in one place. If you contribute to multiple sites, your Account Dashboard is a great tool for navigating and managing them all.
Note: Your Account Dashboard displays an overview of your Squarespace account and any sites or domains you contribute to. To edit content or update billing information, log into individual sites.
Watch a video
Open the Account Dashboard
To see your Account Dashboard:
- Go to account.squarespace.com. Or, if you're logged into a site, go to the Home Menu, scroll down, and click your profile picture or initials.
- If prompted, log into your account. If you're having trouble, visit I can't log in.
Homepage preview images
Your sites and domains display on the Account Dashboard with homepage preview images. Our automated system refreshes the preview images by taking a screenshot of your homepage about once every 48 hours.
The first time you visit the Account Dashboard, the images might not appear right away, but they should within about an hour. If the images seem outdated or incorrect, our system needs time to catch up with recent changes.
See your websites
The Websites tab shows every site you contribute to, including expired sites. You can identify the site by its preview image of the homepage. Click that image to open and edit the site.
Click the ... icon to view more details about the site and its subscriptions.
Depending on your permissions, you can see a site's:
- Auto-renew status
- Billing plan
- Card on file (last four digits)
- G Suite subscription
- Option to reactivate the site if it expired
- Renewal date
- Site title
To make changes to any of these, click Go to Site. To upgrade or update your billing information, click Upgrade, Reactivate, or Fix Now.
Remove a website
To remove a site from the Account Dashboard, you can remove yourself as a contributor or delete it entirely.
Remove yourself as a contributor
If you don’t need access to a site, you can give up your permissions and remove the site from your Account Dashboard. This leaves the site and its content active, but prevents you from having login access. To learn more, visit Removing yourself as a contributor.
Tip: To transfer the site ownership to a different account while keeping your contributor permissions, visit Changing site ownership.
Delete a trial site or an expired site
If you’re the Site Owner, Administrator, or a contributor with billing permissions for a trial site or an expired site, you can delete it directly from the Account Dashboard.
- In the Account Dashboard, find the site you want to delete.
- Click the … icon beside the site title.
- Click Remove website.
- Click Remove.
This deletes the site and its content entirely. The site will disappear from all contributor Account Dashboards and will no longer be accessible.
Tip: To learn more about what happens after you delete a site or to delete an active site, visit Deleting a site and its content.
See your domains
The Domains tab shows every custom Squarespace and third-party domain connected to your account. If you have multiple sites on your account, this can be a helpful way to see which site a domain is attached to.
Note: You'll only see domains for the sites where you're a Site Owner or Administrator. Learn more about site permissions.
To see more details about the domain, including the provider, click the ... icon. From there, you can review email and transfer options, or click Manage Domain to go to that domain's settings.
Account Dashboard and billing
While you can use your Account Dashboard to review subscription details, it’s not possible to update your billing information, view invoices, or take other billing actions through the Account Dashboard because each Squarespace site is billed individually. Visit the following guides to learn more about common billing actions:
- Changing your billing plan
- Reviewing your Squarespace account invoices
- Updating your billing credit card
Manage your account
In the Account Dashboard, hover over your profile picture or initials in the top-right corner, then select:
- Profile to edit your contributor profile.
- Circle Profile to add more information about yourself if you're a Circle member. This helps us personalize your Circle experience.
- Account & Security to change your account email or password, enable two-factor authentication, and manage connected Squarespace mobile apps.
- Notifications to manage your email preferences.
- Language to set your account to your preferred language.
- Circle Dashboard to log into the Circle forum, if you're a member.
- Help to visit this Help Center.
- Log Out to log out of your account.
Use the Login Activity panel to review your account's active login sessions and spot any suspicious logins from devices you don't recognize.
The devices listed in the panel can log in automatically without entering your login details. Sessions stay open for 30 days unless the person logs out of Squarespace or you force them to log out remotely.
To view login activity:
- In the Account Dashboard, hover over your profile picture or initials in the top-right corner.
- Select Account & Security.
- Click Login Activity.
The panel displays a summary of all open sessions for your account on different devices, sorted from newest to oldest.
- First Login is when the session started.
- When you log in from a new device or browser, it’s recorded as a new session.
The Login Activity panel tracks:
- IP address
- Date and time of first log in
- Operating system
The Login Activity panel doesn't track:
- Contributor logins
- Past sessions
- Specific site edits
- Visitor activity (use Activity Log instead)
Force a log out
To force a device to log out, click Log Out below the device details. The next time you try to log in from that device, you’ll need to enter your login details again. Deleting a login session is a good idea if you logged in from public computer or if you suspect that an IP address is an unauthorized user.
Note: Deleting a login won't automatically log out users on Squarespace mobile apps. You can force an app to log out of your account from the Connected Apps panel.