Tips for boosting revenue and increasing conversion rates.
After you start selling on Squarespace, keep up your momentum by expanding your customer base, continually releasing new products, and encouraging customers to return. Use this guide to explore the different ways of increasing and maintaining steady sales in your Squarespace store.
Tip: Register for our Design tips to increase your store’s sales webinar where we’ll present tools and tips that you can use to help make your products stand out across your site and drive sales.
Watch a video
Build your audience
Reliable sales depend on a reliable audience. Even if your store already has a fan base, you can use Squarespace's tools to increase your reach.
- Add Newsletter blocks - Grow your mailing list by adding newsletter blocks to your site. If you add a newsletter block to your checkout flow, you'll catch new customers while they're already excited about your product. If you add a newsletter block to your site's footer, it displays on every page of your site and catches visitors who might not be ready to buy but are still curious about your store.
- Use the Unfold mobile app - Create unique social media content and share links in a Bio Site. You can link to your Bio Site any time you want to quickly share multiple links in one place, like in social media bios.
- Connect your social accounts - You can display social links and show new fans where they can find you by connecting your social accounts to your site.
- Use Email Campaigns - Send updates and promotions to your customers using Email Campaigns.
Enhance your product listings
Squarespace online stores are designed to showcase your products at their best. Giving your products detailed titles, descriptions, and tags will not only help boost your SEO, but will also give visitors to your site more information about their potential purchases.
- Display product reviews - Provide social proof that your product is worth buying by enabling product reviews. Reviews from other customers who've had success with your products or services builds trust and confidence in potential shoppers.
- Enable related products - Display related products to deepen engagement with your store and increase the likelihood that shoppers will find what they’re looking for.
- Include high quality product images - Highlight key features and provide a closer look at details and textures of your products using high quality product images.
- Use limited availability labels - Create a sense of urgency when you publish your new products by displaying limited availability labels.
Share your products on other platforms
Explore our integrations for selling, which you can use to sell and advertise directly from posts, stories, and shops on your social media profile or page. Your visitors still purchase from your site, making this a great way to bring your social audience to your store.
- Display products in Google Shopping - Expand your reach by displaying your physical products in product listings across Google, like in Google Shopping, Google image searches, and on YouTube.
- Tag products on Instagram - Sync your products to Instagram to sell and advertise directly from your posts and stories.
- Create Facebook ads - Attract new customers by using Facebook's dynamic ads to help you target customers and promote products relevant to their interests.
Diversify your product offerings
Using multiple Squarespace products in combination is a great way to keep growing your audience and revenue. For example, if you sell products, you could also offer group classes teaching your customers how to make those products, or video tutorials as part of a Member Site.
- Add Digital Products - Create exclusive, gated content with Digital Products. You can charge a one-time fee for your content, or set up a recurring subscription.
- Add Acuity Scheduling - With Acuity Scheduling, clients can book appointments or classes seamlessly online.
- Offer gift cards - Sell gift cards that customers can use to purchase your products or services.
- Sell custom merchandise - Sell custom printed, embroidered, and engraved products with Printful, a print-on-demand service that prints, packs, and ships orders for you.
Keep your site updated
Regularly adding new products and other content to your site encourages customers to keep coming back, and shows search engines that your site is active.
- Add new products regularly - Ensure your store always has something new for returning customers by adding new products regularly.
- Consider adding a blog page - Share more about yourself and your business by starting a blog. Blogging is a great way to keep your site fresh for search engines, and can also be great content to share in email campaigns.
- Add an events page - If you sell products in person, add an events page to your site to share special events with your visitors. Use point of sale in the Squarespace app to keep your inventory up to date as you sell.
- Use announcement bars and promotional pop-ups - Announce when products will launch on your store, share discount codes, or promote sales using announcement bars and promotional pop-ups.
Apply analytics to your sales strategy
Understanding how visitors are interacting with your online store is key to helping you make smarter decisions for your business. Use our sales analytics tools to understand exactly where customers are coming from and follow their site path from your homepage to checkout, to help you improve their experience and increase sales.
- Search keyword analytics - Learn which search terms visitors use to find your site using search keyword analytics. Try using your top keywords more often in relevant areas of your site, like in product descriptions. Keep these keywords in mind as you start planning what to sell and what to name your products or services.
- Audience engagement and sales data - Learn when visitors are most likely to visit your site, then time your product drops accordingly.
- Abandoned cart analytics - Track cart abandonment trends and measure the success of your abandoned cart emails to help prevent as much abandonment as possible.
- Purchase Funnel Analytics - Gain a better understanding of how customers move through your site to complete checkout to understand how changes you make to your store affect conversion.
Optimize your site for search engines
When your site is visible to search engines, it not only attracts new customers, but it helps your existing customers find you again. Optimize your site with clear descriptions and regularly review the search terms that visitors use to find your site.
- Add SEO descriptions - Ensure your site, pages, and products have SEO descriptions. These descriptions are often what a potential customer reads before clicking through to your site, so keep them relevant and clear.
- Verify your site with Google Search Console - Help manage your site's presence in Google search results by verifying with Google Search Console. Whenever you add new products or make any other big update, ask Google to index your site. This helps Google update their search results with your new content.
- Add alt text - Help search engines identify your images, and keep your site accessible to all visitors by adding alt text to your product images, and any other images on your site.
- Go through our SEO checklist - Make your site more visible to your potential visitors in search engines by reviewing our SEO checklist.
For more help increasing your store's sales, explore our other resources:
- Get advice from the community in the Squarespace Forum.
- Learn about how to monetize your site to help you continue earning income with your site.
- Read the posts on how to build an audience, how to find your target audience, and converting your site traffic into repeat customers in our Making It blog.
- For hands-on help, hire a Squarespace Expert to refresh your online store or your overall site design.