This guide covers billing plans for Squarespace Email Campaigns and important details about managing your subscription. You’ll manage billing for Email Campaigns directly through your Squarespace account. We charge the same card you use to pay for your site.
Email Campaigns plans and pricing
|Blast campaigns per month||3||5||20||Infinite|
|Total sends per month||500||5,000||50,000||250,000|
|Squarespace branding in footer||Yes||No||No||No|
- After you reach one of the per-month limits, you can't send blast campaigns for the remainder of the usage period. To learn more, visit Billing cycle vs. usage period.
- Email Campaigns may be subject to state and local sales taxes. If your account is subject to tax, you’ll see it added at checkout. To learn more, visit our guides on taxes in the United States, European Union, or Australia.
When you start using Email Campaigns, you’ll have a free trial with the following features:
- Infinite list size
- Three total blast campaigns
- 50,000 sends per campaign
The trial is independent of your website trial and doesn’t have a time limit. During the trial period, you can't send more than three campaigns, remove the “Powered by Squarespace” branding, or set up automated campaigns. To do these things, upgrade to paid service.
After subscribing to an Email Campaigns plan, it's not possible to return to a trial, even if you didn't meet your trial limits.
Manage your Email Campaigns subscription
Note: If you're on a Mobile Start plan, you must manage your Email Campaigns billing on the computer.
Before you begin:
- You must have an active website subscription to sign up for Email Campaigns. Without one, you can access the Email Campaigns dashboard on a trial site, but you won’t be able to send campaigns.
- To prevent service interruptions, Email Campaigns subscriptions are set to renew automatically. We send an email reminder 15 days before your renewal date to give you time to update your credit card information or turn off the renewal. To renew your subscription, you don’t need to take any action as long as the credit card you have on file is valid.
- Billing for Email Campaigns is separate from your site subscription. If you cancel your site subscription or let it expire, we won’t turn off auto-renew for an existing Email Campaigns subscription, and you can continue using it.
- You can’t sign up for Email Campaigns on a parking page.
To subscribe to Email Campaigns:
- In the Home Menu, click Marketing, then click Email Campaigns.
- Click Upgrade Now.
- Select Monthly or Annual billing cycle.
- Select the Email Campaigns plan that fits your needs.
- Click Confirm Payment.
When you subscribe to Email Campaigns, you’re paying to send your campaigns. You can build mailing lists, compose drafts, and review past campaigns without an active Email Campaigns subscription.
View and manage your subscription
After you subscribe, view and manage your subscription from the Billing Panel:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, click Billing & Account.
- Click Email Campaigns.
From here, you can:
- Review your Email Campaigns subscription details (including your plan, billing cycle, and next auto-renewal date).
- Review your invoices for individual Email Campaigns subscription charges.
- Disable auto-renew. Uncheck Auto-renew in the Email Campaigns Billing panel. When your billing cycle ends, your subscription will expire. You’ll still be able to access your drafts and mailing lists, but you won’t be able to send campaigns.
- Cancel your subscription immediately. If you no longer need your Email Campaigns subscription, you can cancel it at any time.
Change your billing plan
You can change your Email Campaigns billing plan at any time. For detailed steps and important information, visit Changing your Email Campaigns billing plan.
If we can’t authorize the renewal charge, your subscription will become past due. We’ll try to charge the credit card on file over the next 15 days. You can update your card at any time during this grace period to manually prompt a charge.
If we still can’t charge your card after 15 days, your Email Campaigns subscription will expire, and you won’t be able to send campaigns. As long as your website subscription remains active, you can a purchase a new Email Campaigns subscription at any time.
- List size - The number of email addresses you can add to a single mailing list. You can have up to 20 mailing lists on any plan.
- Blast campaigns per month - The number of different blast campaigns you can send a month. Blast campaigns are single campaigns you send to one or more mailing lists. Automated campaigns don't count toward this limit. You can still create drafts for future campaigns after sending your allotted number for the month.
- Total sends per month - The total number of times you can send campaigns for the month. Each time you send any campaign to an individual email address counts as a send. For example, if you send one campaign to ten email addresses, then send another campaign to the same ten email addresses, that’s twenty sends toward your total.
- Automated campaigns - Schedule campaigns to send automatically based on a trigger, like when someone signs up for your mailing list.
- Squarespace branding in footer - “Powered by Squarespace” appears in the footer of your campaigns. On the Starter plan, this can’t be removed.
Billing cycle vs. usage period
Your Email Campaigns subscription has a billing cycle and a usage period. These periods of time are related but not the same:
- Billing cycle - How frequently you’re charged, either monthly or annually.
- Usage period - The time you have to reach the limits of certain Email Campaigns features, always monthly.
Regardless of your billing cycle, your usage period resets monthly, based on the start date of your subscription. For example, Starter plans on both annual and monthly billing cycles can send up to three blast campaigns a combined total of 500 times during their monthly usage period.
After reaching either the blast campaigns per month or total sends per month limit during your usage period, you can't send more campaigns. If you're on the Starter plan and send three campaigns to 100 subscribers each, you can't send to additional subscribers because you've reached the blast campaigns per month limit. Likewise, if you send one campaign to 500 subscribers, you can't send more blast campaigns because you've reached the total sends per month limit.
If you reach the limits of your plan, you’ll have to wait until the next usage period to send new or existing campaigns or change your plan to raise your limits.