You’ll manage billing and payments for Squarespace Email Campaigns directly through your Squarespace account. We charge the same card you use to pay for your site. This guide covers information you should know about billing for Email Campaigns and what to do if things go wrong.
Before you begin
- You must have an active website subscription to sign up for Email Campaigns. You can access the Email Campaigns dashboard on a trial site, but you won’t be able to send campaigns. You can’t sign up for Email Campaigns on a parking page, but you can continue managing a subscription from a cancelled site.
- If you're on a Mobile Start plan, you must manage your Email Campaigns billing on the computer.
- Billing for Email Campaigns is separate from your site subscription. If you cancel your site subscription or let it expire, we won’t turn off auto-renew for an existing Email Campaigns subscription, and you can continue using it.
Plans and pricing
Annual plan prices
- Starter - $60 / €60 / £48 / A$84
- Core - $120 / €108 / £96 / A$168
- Pro - $288 / €252 / £228 / A$384
- Max - $576 / €504 / £456 / A$768
Monthly plan prices
- Starter - $7 / €7 / £6 / A$10
- Core - $14 / €13 / £11 / A$19
- Pro - $34 / €30 / £27 / A$46
- Max - $68 / €59 / £53 / A$91
Email Campaigns may be subject to state and local sales taxes. If your account is subject to tax, you’ll see it added at checkout. To learn more, visit our guides on taxes in the United States, European Union, or Australia.
|Blast campaigns per month||3||5||20||Infinite|
|Total sends per month||500||5,000||50,000||250,000|
|Squarespace branding in footer||Yes||No||No||No|
- List size - The number of email addresses you can add to a single mailing list. You can have up to 20 different mailing lists regardless of your plan.
- Blast campaigns per month - The number of different blast campaigns you can send a month. Blast campaigns are single campaigns you send to one or more mailing lists. Automated campaigns don't count toward this limit. You can still create drafts for future campaigns after sending your allotted number for the month.
- Total sends per month - The total number of times you can send campaigns for the month. Each time you send any campaign to an individual email address counts as a send. For example, if you send one campaign to ten email addresses, then send another campaign to the same ten email addresses, that’s twenty sends toward your total.
- Automated campaigns - Schedule campaigns to send automatically based on a trigger, like when someone signs up for your mailing list.
- Squarespace branding in footer - “Powered by Squarespace” appears in the footer of your campaigns. On the Starter plan, this can’t be removed.
Note: After you reach one of the per month limits, you can't send blast campaigns for the remainder of the usage period. To learn more, see Billing cycle vs. usage period.
When you start using Email Campaigns, you’ll have a free trial with the following features:
- Infinite list size
- 3 total blast campaigns
- 50,000 sends per campaign
The trial is independent of your website trial and doesn’t have a time limit, but you won’t be able to send more campaigns after the first three. During the trial period, you can’t remove the “Powered by Squarespace” branding or set up automated campaigns. To remove Squarespace branding or set up automated campaigns, upgrade to paid service.
Note: Campaigns sent during Early Access don’t count toward your three trial campaigns. After subscribing to an Email Campaigns plan, it's not possible to return to a trial, even if you didn't meet your trial limits.
Subscribe to Email Campaigns
To subscribe to Email Campaigns:
- In the Home Menu, click Marketing, then click Email Campaigns.
- Click Upgrade Now.
- Select Monthly or Annual billing cycle.
- Select the Email Campaigns plan that fits your needs.
- Click Confirm Payment.
When you subscribe to Email Campaigns, you’re paying to send your campaigns. You can build mailing lists, compose drafts, and review past campaigns without an active Email Campaigns subscription.
Billing cycle vs. usage period
Your Email Campaigns subscription has a billing cycle and a usage period. These periods of time are related, but not necessarily the same:
- Billing cycle - how frequently you’re charged, either monthly or annually
- Usage period - the time you have to reach the limits of certain Email Campaigns features, always monthly
Regardless of your billing cycle, your usage period resets monthly, based on the start date of your subscription. For example, Starter plans on both annual and monthly billing cycles can send up to three blast campaigns a combined total of 500 times during their monthly usage period.
After reaching either the blast campaigns per month or total sends per month limit during your usage period, you can't send more campaigns. If you're on the Starter plan and send three campaigns to 100 subscribers each, you can't send to additional subscribers because you've reached the blast campaigns per month limit. Likewise, if you send one campaign to 500 subscribers, you can't send additional blast campaigns because you've reached the total sends per month limit.
If you reach the limits of your plan, you’ll have to wait until the next usage period to send new or existing campaigns or change your plan to raise your limits.
Review subscription details and invoices
In the Billing panel, you can review your Email Campaigns subscription details, including:
- Billing plan
- Activation date
- Billing cycle
- Renewal date
- Auto-renew status
In the Invoices panel, you can review your invoices for individual Email Campaigns subscription charges. Each invoice includes:
- Payment date
- Billing plan
- Payment amount
- Prorated charge or refund (for plan changes)
To prevent service interruptions, Email Campaigns subscriptions are set to renew automatically by default. You can see the renewal date for your Email Campaigns subscription in the Billing & Account panel.
We send an email reminder 15 days before your renewal date to give you time to update your credit card information or turn off the renewal. To renew your subscription, you don’t need to take any action as long as the credit card you have on file is valid.
To disable auto-renew:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, click Billing & Account, then click Billing.
- Click the Email Campaigns panel.
- Uncheck Auto-renew.
When your billing cycle ends, your subscription will expire. You’ll still be able to access your drafts and mailing lists, but you won’t be able to send campaigns.
For steps on cancelling your Email Campaigns subscription immediately, visit Cancelling your Email Campaigns subscription.
If we can’t charge your card
If we can’t authorize the renewal charge, your Email Campaigns subscription will be past due. We’ll attempt to charge the credit card on file over the next 15 days. You can update your card at any time during this grace period to manually push a charge.
If we still can’t charge your card after 15 days, your Email Campaigns subscription will expire, and you won’t be able to send campaigns. As long as your website subscription remains active, you can a purchase a new Email Campaigns subscription at any time in the Email Campaigns panel.
Changing your billing plan
You can change your Email Campaigns billing plan at any time. For detailed steps and important information, visit Changing your Email Campaigns billing plan.
Cancelling your subscription
If you no longer need your Email Campaigns subscription, you can cancel it at any time. For detailed steps, visit Cancelling your Email Campaigns subscription.