Connect with a wider audience and increase your site’s reach by taking advantage of Squarespace’s social sharing tools and integrations. Social sharing features include:
- Pushing new site content to your social accounts in real time
- Pulling social media content directly into your site
- Linking social icons on your site to your social accounts
- Linking from social media to specific elements on your site, such as individual blog posts or products for sale
This guide explores all the different ways you can use social media with Squarespace to create a connected online presence.
Link to your accounts with social icons
Social icons are links to your social accounts. When visitors click an icon, they'll be taken to the connected social profile.
Help visitors share your content with Share buttons
Version 7.1 doesn't support built-in share buttons.
Share buttons prompt visitors to share your content with their own social networks. Depending on your template, Share buttons appear below collection items (like blog posts) or at the bottom of collection pages.
When visitors click the share button, they can craft a message to accompany your content and post directly to their social networks.
Push content from your website to social media
Pushing content to social media is a great way to save time if you want to cross-post new content. You can push content from your site directly to the following services:
You can also share content by manually sharing URLs.
Tip: You can create and automate social media posts, increase traffic, and boost sales by connecting the Outfy extension. While we work with third-party services to ensure Squarespace Extensions work properly, extensions fall outside our scope of support. We can help with connecting or disconnecting your extensions. For all other questions, contact the extensions provider directly.
Pull content from social media to your website
Add social blocks to display posts from social networks on your site. You can add blocks for:
Measure social traffic to your site
Visit Traffic Sources in Analytics to see which social networks are driving the most traffic to your site.
Watch a video
Watch this video from our All About Images Series for tips on using your site's images in social sharing.
Beyond social icons and Share buttons, you can also:
- Add a Pinterest Save button
- Create a Twitter Cover Page
- Add Twitter Cards
- Collect Twitter handles
- Add a Facebook Like button
- Add a ChowNow navigation link
- Import images from Dropbox and SmugMug
- Learn how content displays in social posts
- Troubleshooting Facebook sharing issues
- Find more Social guides by exploring the left navigation