Squarespace Commerce is a set of features for selling products and managing orders online. By connecting a payment processor, you can process credit card transactions, accept PayPal, issue refunds, and receive donations. With templates designed specifically for online commerce, you can create eye-catching arrangements of products, promote sales, and much more.
Commerce and payment processors are Premium features available in Business and Commerce plans.
Whether you’re new to eCommerce or an experienced online retailer, these guides are helpful for getting to know Squarespace Commerce. Create new products or import inventory from another platform, then connect a payment processor and take your store live.
- The Introducing Commerce Video Series is a set of visual walkthroughs of the Commerce platform.
- Visit our Commerce FAQ for common questions.
- See if Commerce is available for your country.
- Learn what payment methods you can accept through our payment processors, Stripe and PayPal.
- Review our transaction fees, which vary by plan.
Tip: Use menu shortcuts to add links to key Commerce panels directly to the Home Menu.
- If you're moving from another platform, you can import products from Big Cartel, Etsy, or Shopify. You can also import a .csv.
- Set tax rates appropriate for your store, including VAT or GST.
- Choose from a range of shipping options, including flat rate, depending on weight, and carrier calculated. Apply these shipping options to specific countries, states, or provinces.
- Connect a payment processor to begin selling products. You can connect Stripe, PayPal, or both.
Add products to a Products Page, then add variants, images, and other custom details to build out your store.
- Selling online starts with adding products to your store. You can sell physical, digital, and service products.
- Create subscriptions to sell products on a recurring basis.
- Add options like color or size by creating basic and complex variants.
- Edit products to add additional information or change the thumbnail image.
- Organize your products with tags and categories or move them between Products Pages.
- Products always link to your Products Page. You can display them elsewhere on your site using a Product Block. Learn more about the difference here.
- Certain templates include Quick View and Image Zoom.
- Display related products on product details pages based on categories and tags.
Use Squarespace's marketing tools to draw customers in and encourage purchasing.
- Create discounts, offer sale prices, and then promote deals with an announcement bar.
- If you're on the Commerce Advanced plan, you can use Abandoned Checkout Recovery to follow up with customers who didn't complete checkout.
- Build customer relationships by adding checkout forms and a newsletter signup at checkout.
- Visit our SEO guides for tips on increasing your site's visibility to search engines.
- Visit our social guides for connecting to services like Facebook and Pinterest.
When you receive an order, you can fulfill it through your site's backend, updating customers on their order's progress.
- To understand how customers buy your products, we recommend running a test order.
- After receiving an order, you can view the order's activity, add notes, and print the order for your records.
- Stay in touch with customers by customizing your store's email notifications.
- If there's an issue, you can cancel or refund an order.
- Viewing payments in your Stripe account.
Sell in person with Point of Sale
If you sell products at markets or craft fairs, use our integration with Square to take in-person cash or card payments that integrate with your online store. Using the Squarespace Commerce App with a supported Square Reader, sales you make in person will update your inventory, display in the Orders panel, and factor into your Sales Analytics. To learn more, visit Selling in person with Squarespace Point of Sale.
- With Squarespace Analytics, you can get a clear picture of visitor behavior and revenue. Advanced Commerce Analytics are available for the Commerce Basic and Advanced plans.
Tip: Find more Commerce guides by exploring the left navigation.