You can upgrade your free trial to a paid subscription during your trial or after it expires. In this guide, you’ll learn how to upgrade in the Billing panel and what to expect next.
By upgrading to a paid subscription, you’ll have access to more features and integrations like the ability to license images from Getty Images and purchase custom email from G Suite by Google.
Tip: If your site is already live but you want to gain access to Premium features, upgrade to Website Business Plan or higher by changing your billing plan.
Upgrading vs. making your site live
We're rolling out Site Visibility in phases. Currently, what happens when you upgrade depends on when you created your trial, and your visibility settings.
If you've set a site-wide password, your site will continue to have a site-wide password after you upgrade.
If your trial is set to Private, and:
- You created the trial after December 3, 2018 - It will remain private when you upgrade your site, until you change the setting in Site Visibility.
- You created the trial on or before December 3, 2018 - Your site will be set to Public when you upgrade your site. To upgrade without making it public, add a site-wide password before upgrading.
For our current pricing and billing plans, visit our Pricing page.
Plans may be subject to state and local sales taxes. If your plan is subject to tax, you’ll see it added at checkout. To learn more, visit our guides on taxes in the United States, European Union, or Australia.
Accepted payment methods
You can use these accepted currencies for Squarespace billing. The currency you select for your first payment will be used for all payments and subscription renewals connected to the website.
It isn’t possible to change your site's currency after your first payment.
Before you begin
- Double-check your URL to ensure you're logged into the correct site.
- Site owners and contributors with Billing permissions can upgrade from a trial to a paid subscription. In most cases, the site owner is the person who created your site. If a different person needs to upgrade, transfer site ownership or invite them as a contributor with Billing permissions.
- When you upgrade, you'll see options for Website and Commerce plans. To learn more, visit Choosing the right Squarespace plan.
- After upgrading, you can switch billing plans at any time.
Step 1 - Check your site
Before making changes, ensure that you’re viewing the site you want to upgrade. This step is important if you have multiple Squarespace sites (including trial sites) under one account.
To check your site, go to the Home Menu, scroll down, and click your profile picture or initials. This opens a menu of all Squarespace sites connected to your account, including active, trial, and expired sites.
Select the correct site from the menu.
Step 2 - Click to upgrade
Click Upgrade Now in the banner at the bottom of the browser window.
Step 3 - Select a plan
After clicking the button to upgrade, you'll see the available plans, along with pricing and features. Select a plan that meets your needs.
- To continue using Premium features, upgrade to the Website Business plan or higher.
- For current plans and pricing, visit our Pricing page.
Note: If you created your trial site before December 1, 2017, and your site has more than 20 active pages, you might need to disable pages to select certain plans. To learn more, visit Legacy Personal plan limits.
Step 4 - Select a billing term
After selecting a plan, select a billing cycle. We offer two options: Annual or Monthly.
- Annual - Pay in advance for a year of service. Your credit card is automatically billed on the same day each following year. This option comes with a free eligible domain for the first year of service.
- Monthly - Pay in advance for your first month. Your credit card is automatically billed for service on the same day each following month.
Step 5 - Enter billing information and subscribe
Enter payment details
In the next window, enter your credit card information.
- Cardholder name, number, expiration - The cardholder name and last four digits of your card will appear on your invoices.
Tip: To have a company name appear on your billing invoices, enter it as the cardholder name.
- Country and Postal Code
- Offer code - If you have an offer code, click Enter an offer code below the credit card fields before clicking Subscribe.
Note: If you selected an EU country, you can enter a Business Name and VAT Registration Number for VAT exemption.
Review today's payment and next bill date
- The amount next to Due Today displays the total amount that will be charged to your payment method today.
- All sites are set to auto-renew to ensure continuous service. You can disable auto-renew at any time after upgrading.
- Your next payment date appears below Due Today. We recommend reviewing this before subscribing.
Review all information, click Subscribe, and then confirm your upgrade to complete your purchase.
Congratulations—your Squarespace site is now upgraded! Here are some things to know now that you have a paid site:
Check your Site Visibility
- Your site may be private, password-protected, or public after you upgrade to paid service, depending on your settings and when you upgraded. Learn how to make it public.
- Once your site is public, search engines can index your site. You can increase your site’s visibility by using Squarespace’s built-in SEO tools.
- If you set up an online store and you’ve connected a payment processor, customers can place orders once your site is public.
Get more subscriptions
- If you selected an annual billing cycle, you're eligible for a free domain for the first year of service.
- Use our integration with Getty Images to license stock images for your site.
- Purchase a custom email address for your domain using our integration with G Suite.
Review your billing information
- Visit the Billing panel to view invoices, update your billing information, or switch to a new plan.
- To learn more about your Squarespace account, visit Understanding Squarespace billing and accounts.
Premium features and the Personal plan
If you used Premium features on your trial site, we recommend choosing the Website Business plan or higher so you can continue using them.
If you used Premium features in the trial and choose the Personal plan, Premium features will no longer be available on your site. To enable Premium features in the future, you can upgrade your plan at any time.
If you think you upgraded the wrong site by mistake, visit I upgraded the wrong site to fix the problem.