Buy and register a domain for your site.
Manage all of the aspects of your website from one place by purchasing a Squarespace domain or transferring a domain you already own to Squarespace. All Squarespace domains are hosted by our two registrars, Squarespace Domains LLC and Tucows, and managed through your Squarespace site.
You can register domains for as low as $20 per year. Pricing for domains depends on the domain's top-level domain (TLD). To find a domain's price, you can search for it on the domain name search page or your Domains panel.
Before you begin
All annual website subscription plans include one custom domain for a year. To learn more, visit Web hosting vs. domain hosting.
Register one free domain with an annual plan
All Squarespace accounts with annual billing terms include one custom domain for a year. To learn more, visit Free Squarespace domain offer.
Buy Squarespace domains
You can register domain names on any Squarespace plan. Each domain name is $20 to $70 per year. Pricing depends on the domain's top-level domain (TLD). As long as you have a credit card on file or SEPA payment details added to the Billing panel, you can purchase domain name(s) from Squarespace. To find a domain's price you can search for it on our domain name search page or in your Domains panel.
You can buy a Squarespace domain before building your website. Your domain comes with a spam-free parking page that displays your domain to visitors on a pre-designed, minimalist site. Learn more in Starting with a new domain and parking page.
A TLD is the last part of a domain name after the ".", like .com or .pizza. We offer transparent, competitive pricing for some of the most popular TLDs. You can choose from 200+ TLDs.
Country code top-level domains (ccTLDs) follow different rules than most other TLDs we offer. The list below shows which ccTLDs are available for purchase through Squarespace and where you can find the specific requirements and features for each ccTLD.
- Australia: .au and .com.au domains
- Canada: .ca domains
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands: .cc domains
- European Union: .eu domains
- France: .fr domains
- Germany: .de domains
- India: .co.in domains
- Italy: .it domains
- Japan: .jp domains
- Mexico: .mx and .com.mx domains
- New Zealand: .nz and .co.nz domains
- Palau: .pw domains
- Poland: .pl domains
- The Netherlands: .nl domains
- United Kingdom: .co.uk, .org.uk and .uk domains
- United States: .us domains
If you're interested in a ccTLD that isn't included in the list, you can register one with a third-party provider and connect it to your Squarespace site instead.
Choosing a domain name
When you're choosing a new domain name, think about keywords that match your site's purpose or brand. We recommend using a .com TLD when it's available, but you might also consider a TLD that matches your business or location, like .cruises or .london. You can add multiple domains to your website as you expand your business or add more brands. Learn more in Managing multiple domains.
What if I already have a domain?
If you own a domain name purchased through another provider (like GoDaddy or 1&1), you can transfer it to Squarespace and manage it through your site. If you can't transfer your domain, you can connect it instead by changing your DNS settings.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Open the Domains panel.
- Click Get a domain.
- Follow the steps in the panel to get your free domain or buy additional domains.
Benefits of registering a domain with Squarespace
Full DNS control
- All Squarespace domains come with full DNS control. You can map your domain wherever you want or transfer it to a different provider (although we prefer if you keep it with Squarespace, of course).
- You can move domains between Squarespace sites in the same account.
- All eligible Squarespace domains include free Whois privacy protection. Not all domain providers include this in their domain packages. We recommend contacting your domain provider to check if this is included. If not, consider transferring your domain to Squarespace.
- All Squarespace domains that point to a Squarespace site come with a free SSL certificate to ensure your visitors can access your site securely.
Limitations of registering a domain with Squarespace
- You can't register a domain name that's already registered by someone else.
- You can't register a domain without a Squarespace account.
- You can't register premium domains with Squarespace. Also known as after-market, pre-registered, or secondary-market domains, premium domains are domains that someone previously registered and put back on the market for resale.
- Squarespace domains can have between 3 and 63 characters. Keep in mind that shorter domain names are easier to remember.
- A Squarespace domain can't have the word "squarespace" or "sqsp" in it.
- Domains can only have letters, numbers, and hyphens. You can't add symbols like $ or *.
- Squarespace domains don't support most special characters (such as ü, é, or ñ). If your domain contains a special character, it may not display properly on all browsers. If a browser can’t display the character, it will reformat the domain with extra characters and dashes. For example, the domain “übercool.de,” redirects to "xn--bercool-m2a.de” in unsupported browsers.
Purchasing a registered Squarespace domain
If you'd like to purchase a domain owned by a Squarespace domain customer, fill out the Whois contact form and we'll send your request to the current domain's owner. This option is only available for domains with Squarespace Domains LLC as their registrar.
For a full list of common questions on Squarespace domains, visit Squarespace domains FAQ.