Registering a domain through Squarespace gives your website a professional look and avoids the need to register a domain with a third-party provider. All Squarespace domains are officially hosted by our registrar, Tucows, and managed through your Squarespace site.
We’ve traditionally offered one free domain with the purchase of an annual Squarespace plan, and now anyone with a paid Squarespace site can register domains for $20 to $70 per year each.
Register one free domain with an annual plan
All Squarespace accounts with annual billing terms include one custom domain for a year. To learn more, visit Registering a free Squarespace domain.
Buy Squarespace domains
You can register additional domain names on any Squarespace plan. Each domain name is $20 to $70 per year. Pricing depends on the domain's TLD. As long as you have a credit card on file, you can purchase domain name(s) from Squarespace.
To learn more, visit Registering Squarespace domains.
A top-level domain (TLD) is the last part of a domain name after the "." You can choose from 200+ TLDs, including the most common options:
What if I already have a domain?
If you own a domain name purchased through another provider (like GoDaddy or 1&1), you can connect it to your Squarespace site. We don't accept domain transfers at this time.
- Domain names that are already taken can't be registered.
- Premium domains can't be registered with Squarespace. Also known as after-market, pre-registered, or secondary-market domains, premium domains are domains that were previously registered and put back on the market for resale.
- Squarespace domains can have between 3 and 63 characters. Keep in mind that shorter domain names are easier to remember.
- You can't register a custom domain with Squarespace if the domain name has the word "Squarespace" in it.
- Domains can't be registered separately from a Squarespace account.
- Domains with special characters (such as ü, é, or ñ) may not display properly on all browsers. If a browser can’t display the character, it will reformat the domain with extra characters and dashes. For example, the domain “übercool.de,” redirects to "xn--bercool-m2a.de” in unsupported browsers.
For a full list of common questions on Squarespace domains, visit Squarespace domains FAQ.
Full DNS Control and WHOIS Privacy
- All Squarespace domains come with full DNS control. You can map your domain wherever you want or transfer it to a different provider (although we prefer if you keep it with Squarespace, of course).
- You can transfer domains between Squarespace sites with our help.
- We provide free Whois privacy to protect your personal information. With most registrars, domain privacy is a paid service that is added on to your subscription. With Squarespace, domain privacy is included.