Converting your trial site to a paid plan on the iOS Squarespace app.
If your site is on a trial and you're using the iOS Squarespace app, you can upgrade your trial to a Mobile Start plan using in-app purchase. Mobile Start plans are valid for 30 days and they don't auto-renew, making it a great way to get started with the paid version of Squarespace.
This guide covers how to use a Mobile Start plan in the Squarespace app and how to move from Mobile Start to a standard website plan.
Choose from four plans:
- Personal Mobile Start
- Business Mobile Start
- Commerce Basic Mobile Start
- Commerce Advanced Mobile Start
For current pricing, visit the app's Billing settings.
To sign up on a Mobile Start plan:
- Your site must either be on a trial or have been on a Mobile Start plan previously. Sites currently or previously on a standard website plan aren't eligible.
- You must upgrade through the Squarespace app for iOS. Mobile Start plans aren't currently available in the Android versions of the apps.
Before upgrading, review the following terms:
- All Mobile Start plans last 30 days and expire immediately after. Plans don't auto-renew.
- After the 30 days of a plan are complete, you can purchase another month on the same plan. It's not possible to purchase multiple months at one time.
- It's not possible to switch to a different Mobile Start plan if your site is already active on any billing plan. If you've upgraded using a Mobile Start plan, you can only use that same Mobile Start plan for that site, or switch to a standard website plan.
Certain features and add-ons aren't available for Mobile Start plans:
- Email Campaigns subscription after the trial period
- Getty Images
- Google Workspace
- Domain registration or transfer
- Moving a Squarespace domain to your site
- Point of sale
- Acuity Scheduling
To upgrade to a paid site on a Mobile Start plan, open your Squarespace app:
- Tap Settings, tap Site settings, then tap Billing.
- Tap Select plan, then swipe left and right to see all plans. Tap See all features for more details on any plan.
- When you find a plan that meets your needs, tap Purchase.
- Review the purchase details, enter your Apple ID password, and tap Buy to confirm your purchase.
- After seeing the prompt that your purchase was successful, tap OK.
Apple will email you a receipt confirming your purchase. You can also see your purchase history in the App Store.
Tip: Your site may be private, password-protected, or public after you upgrade to paid service, depending on your settings and when you upgraded. Learn how to make it public.
Switching to a different plan
After purchasing a Mobile Start plan, you can only repurchase the same Mobile Start plan after the first plan expires. It's not possible to switch to a different Mobile Start plan after your first purchase.
You can, however, cancel your Mobile Start plan, then reactivate your site on a standard Squarespace website plan at any time.
Before switching to a standard plan, review the different plan options.
After your 30-day plan expires, you'll have a short grace period where your site stays active and you can purchase a new plan. After the grace period, your site expires and the content is marked for permanent deletion.
To keep your site active, choose an upgrade option:
- Log into your site on a computer, and click Select a plan in the banner in the bottom of your site to reactivate your site on any standard website plan. Note that by choosing this option, you can't go back to a Mobile Start plan on that site.
- In the app, purchase another 30 days on the same Mobile Start plan. It's not currently possible to switch to a different Mobile Start plan.
Cancel a plan
To stop using your Mobile Start plan before the end of the 30 days, you can cancel and request a refund from Apple. Squarespace can't issue refunds for Mobile Start plans, as these plans are purchased through Apple.
To hide your site from visitors and search engines after cancelling, set your site availability to Private.
My site already has a standard website billing plan. Can I manage it in an app?
If you purchased a standard website plan from Squarespace, you can view your plan details in the iOS Squarespace app, but you can't edit any details. To view more billing details and make changes, log into your site on a computer.
Can I access other Billing settings in the Squarespace app?
No. You can use the Billing panel in the app to upgrade to a Mobile Start plan, repurchase a Mobile Start plan after one has expired, or view any current billing plan. Log into your site on a computer to do other tasks, like updating a credit card or reviewing invoices.
Can I use an offer code on a Mobile Start plan?
No. You can't enter an offer code to receive a discount on a Mobile Start plan. If you have an offer code you want to use, log into your site on a computer then click to subscribe to a standard Squarespace website plan. Enter your code in the offer code field in the Review order panel.