You can cancel your Squarespace subscriptions at any time, without needing to contact us. We only issue refunds for some services.
Before you cancel, review our refund policies in this guide.
Note: All Squarespace subscriptions and their refund policies are independent from each other. This means that cancelling one service doesn’t automatically cancel or refund your other subscriptions. For example, if you cancel a website with a Squarespace Domain attached, the domain subscription will remain active (even after the website expires), unless you specifically cancel the domain separately.
Website refund policy
We automatically issue a full refund when you cancel an annual website subscription within the subscription’s first 14 days. After 14 days, your website is set to auto-renew, and we follow these refund policies:
- We don't offer refunds for annual plans after 14 days following the first payment.
- We don't offer refunds for monthly plans.
- We don't offer refunds for renewal payments. Fifteen days before your annual subscription renews, we'll send an email letting you know you're scheduled for a payment. If you don’t want your site to renew automatically, you can disable auto-renew.
Tip: You can find your previous payment dates on your invoices.
Domain refund policy
We automatically issue a refund when you cancel a Squarespace Domain within five days of registration. After this five-day grace period, your domain is set to auto-renew, and we follow these policies:
- We don’t offer refunds for Squarespace Domains after the five-day grace period.
- We don’t offer refunds for renewal payments. Fifteen days before your Squarespace Domain renews, we’ll send an email letting you know you’re scheduled for a payment. If you don't want your domain to renew automatically, you can disable auto-renew in the Domains panel.
Note: There is no five-day grace period or refund for .co.uk domain purchases or transfers. To learn more, visit About .co.uk. domains.
Note: When you transfer a domain to Squarespace, there’s no five-day grace period. However, there are some options for cancelling the transfer and receiving a refund before it’s complete. After the domain is fully transferred, it’s set to auto-renew.
Free Squarespace Domains
All free domains registered as of March 5, 2015 are free for the first year of service. After one year of service, the domain renews for $20. We'll charge the credit card connected to your site.
If you upgrade from a monthly to annual billing cycle, we can’t refund a domain you already bought and convert it to a free domain. However, you can register another domain for free.
If you registered a free domain prior to March 5, 2015, your domain will continue to renew for free every year that your site remains active and on an annual billing plan.
G Suite refund policy
After this 15-day window, your G Suite subscription is set to auto-renew, and we follow these policies:
- If you delete a user from your annual G Suite account after your renewal date, we don’t issue a refund. However, the seat for that user is yours for the remainder of the billing period. Add a new user to take their place for no additional charge.
- We don't offer refunds for the monthly plan. If you delete a user from your monthly G Suite account, the seat is also removed. Add new seats for $5 per month per user.
Getty Image refund policy
All Getty Image purchases are non-refundable.
Before licensing an image, we highly recommend previewing it until you're happy with how it matches the aesthetic of your site. Previews are risk-free, and you can preview multiple images for as long as you want.
If you purchased a license for a Getty Image, you can remove it from where it's displaying, but the image will stay in the Licensed Images area so you can use it again.
Request a refund
If you believe you’re eligible for a refund but haven’t received one, contact us by completing a refund request form. We review every refund request we receive and aim to respond within two business days.