You can cancel your Squarespace subscriptions at any time without needing to contact us. We only issue refunds for some services.
Before you cancel, review our refund policies in this guide.
Note: All Squarespace subscriptions and their refund policies are independent from each other. This means that cancelling one service doesn’t automatically cancel or refund your other subscriptions. For example, if you cancel a website with a Squarespace Domain connected, the domain subscription will remain active (even after the website expires), unless you specifically cancel the domain separately.
Website refund policy
We automatically issue a full refund when you cancel an annual website subscription within the subscription’s first 14 days. Otherwise, your website is set to auto-renew, and we follow these refund policies:
- We don't offer refunds for annual plans after 14 days following the first payment.
- We don't offer refunds for monthly plans.
- We don't offer refunds for renewal payments. Fifteen days before an annual subscription renews, we'll send an email letting you know you're scheduled for a payment. If you don’t want your site to renew automatically, you can disable auto-renew.
Tip: You can find your previous payment dates on your invoices.
Domain refund policy
- We don’t offer refunds for Squarespace Domains after the five-day grace period.
- We don’t offer refunds for renewal payments. Fifteen days before a Squarespace Domain renews, we’ll send an email letting you know you’re scheduled for a payment. If you don't want your domain to renew automatically, you can disable auto-renew in the Domains panel.
Note: There is no five-day grace period or refund for .co.uk, .de, or .uk domain purchases or transfers. To learn more, visit About .co.uk. and .uk domains and About .de domains.
Note: When you transfer a domain to Squarespace, there’s no five-day grace period. However, you can cancel the transfer and receive a refund before it’s complete. After the domain is fully transferred, it’s set to auto-renew.
Free Squarespace Domains
All free domains registered as of March 5, 2015 are free for the first year of service. After one year of service, the domain renews for $20. We'll charge the credit card connected to your site.
If you change from a monthly to annual billing cycle, we can’t refund a domain you already bought and convert it to a free domain. However, you can register another domain for free.
If you registered a free domain prior to March 5, 2015, your domain will continue to renew for free every year that your site remains active and on an annual billing plan.
Email Campaigns refund policy
All Email Campaigns subscriptions are non-refundable, regardless of plan level or billing cycle.
Before subscribing to Email Campaigns, we highly recommend starting an Email Campaigns trial to ensure you’re happy with the feature. You can send up to three blast campaigns and up to 50,000 individual emails per campaign during the trial period.
G Suite refund policy
To ensure continuous service, we charge G Suite renewal payments 15 days before your renewal date unless you disable auto-renew.
Outside that renewal window, we don't offer refunds for monthly or annual plans. What happens if you delete a user depends on your billing cycle:
- Annual - We don’t issue a refund, but the seat for that user is yours for the remainder of the billing period. Add a new user to take their place for no additional charge.
- Monthly - We don’t issue a refund for that month and the seat is removed. Add new seats for $6 USD per month per user.
Getty Images refund policy
All Getty Images purchases are non-refundable.
Before licensing an image, we highly recommend previewing it until you're happy with how it matches the aesthetic of your site. You can preview multiple images for as long as you want without charges.
If you purchased a license for an image, you can remove it from where it's displaying, but the image will stay in the Licensed Images area so you can use it again.
If you’re a merchant refunding charges through Squarespace Commerce, refunds of transaction or processing fees vary between payment processors. Both Stripe and PayPal provide full refunds of Squarespace transaction fees, but not necessarily their own processing fees.
Visit Transaction fees to learn more.
Request a refund
If you believe you’re eligible for a refund but haven’t received one, contact us by completing a refund request form. We review every refund request we receive and aim to respond within two business days.
Note: If you haven't received a refund you're expecting, but it's been fewer than 10 business days, the refund may still be processing. Refunds can take 3 to 10 business days to appear on your card statement.