Your member account is how we identify you as a Squarespace customer. Since you can have multiple subscriptions (including websites) under one email address, your member account keeps your contact information in one place.
When you first sign up for Squarespace, you automatically create your member account. Once you have an account, you can do things like create and publish multiple sites and register additional domains.
Your member account includes your:
- Email address
- Mailing address and phone number if you use our domain services
Your member account doesn’t include:
- Your billing credit card on file, because each site is paid for separately.
How do I find my member account?
You can access, change or delete information in your member account at any time.
To open your member account:
- Go to https://squarespace.com/login. Log into your account with your email address and password.
- In the Account Dashboard, click your profile name in the top-right corner, then click Edit Profile.
- Click any tab edit different areas of your profile.
Will deleting my site also delete my member account?
If you delete your site, you’ll still have a member account. Deleting a site only affects that site. It doesn’t affect other sites associated with your member account.
If you delete your member account, you won’t be able to access Squarespace again with that member account.
Do all contributors have member accounts?
Yes. Anyone who can log into a Squarespace site has a member account, even contributors without Administrator permissions.
How do I delete my member account?
For your security, we can delete your member account for you at your request. However, before you delete your member account, please ensure that it’s really what you want to do. This is a permanent step, and you won’t be able to access Squarespace again with that member account.
Before you delete your member account, consider these alternatives:
- You can cancel your site’s subscription.
- You can delete a cancelled or expired site.
- You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking Unsubscribe at the bottom of any email from us.
If you have any questions or doubts about how to proceed, contact our Customer Care team—we’re here to help.
If you’re sure you want to delete your member account, first complete these steps:
- Cancel your site subscriptions.
- Cancel any G Suite by Google subscriptions.
- Cancel or transfer your Squarespace Domains.
- If any of your sites will stay active after deleting your account, transfer ownership to a different contributor.
- Export your site content.
- Note that any Getty Images you may have purchased are subject to our Terms of Service.
Once you’ve completed the steps above, email us at email@example.com with a request to delete your member account.