You can add music to your site using the Album page, Cover Page, or blocks. Use this guide to choose the best method for presenting your music.
The Album Page works best for displaying a whole album or collection of tracks. You can also display album artwork and add searchable tags and categories.
To add an Album Page, click the + icon in the Pages panel and select Album from the New Page menu.
You can use a Cover Page to present an album or audio track as an introduction to your site. Cover Pages also work well as a single-page site, announcing new music, teasing an upcoming release, or serving as an “Under Construction”/"Coming Soon" page.
Some layouts designed for audio highlight a single track, while other display a complete playlist.
For example, the Tour layout displays one track at a time with controls to skip to the next or previous track.
To add a Cover Page, click the + icon in the Pages panel and choose Cover Page from the New Page menu. View all layout options by clicking Change Layout in the Home Menu.
The blocks below let you add audio to any content area, including:
To learn more about using blocks, visit Adding content with blocks.
Use the Audio Block to add a single track to your site. You can upload an .mp3 or .m4a file directly from your computer or add a URL from a cloud storage platform.
Tip: The Audio Block is also for podcasts.
Use the SoundCloud Block to embed an audio track hosted on SoundCloud. You can customize the block's display using SoundCloud’s embed settings.
Use the Video Block to to share a music video or music uploaded as a video file. You can upload videos hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, Animoto, or Wistia.
Play music automatically
You can use a SoundCloud Block to make music play automatically when a visitor opens a page on your site:
- Choose the Embed option on the SoundCloud track.
- Click More Options.
- Check Enable automatic play.
- Add this code to a SoundCloud Block using the embed option. If a visitor's browser settings allow media to auto-play, your track will play when they open the page.
Note: Newer versions of some browsers block all autoplay audio by default. Your visitors may be able to adjust their browser's settings to allow autoplay.
We don't have an option for auto-playing music from other sources, and it's only possible with custom code. Since using custom code on Squarespace is an advanced modification, we're unable to offer support or troubleshooting for this or for any code-based customization.
Sell downloadable music
Embed a Spotify playlist
Use the Embed Block to add a Spotify playlist and let visitors stream music directly from your Squarespace site.
- In the Spotify desktop app, go to the playlist you want to embed.
- Click the ... icon under the playlist title.
- Hover over Share, then click Copy Embed Code.
- On your Squarespace site, go to the page where you want to add the playlist.
- Add an Embed Block.
- In the block editor, click the </> icon to the right of the text field.
- Paste the playlist embed code into the text field and click Set.
- Click Apply.