Five is a flexible business template with a wide variety of options for styling your site. Five’s special features include a versatile header layout and two customizable sidebars.
See the left navigation sidebar for information on building and customizing specific parts of your site. If you haven't yet picked a template, you can get help with initial installation at Getting started with Squarespace.
Note: Visit the Five Live Preview page for examples of real customer sites using this template. If you've already created a site, you can switch your template at any time.
With Five, each page on your site can display content in up to two sidebars. Sidebars can be useful for highlighting pages, displaying content, collecting information, and more.
Create full-width banner images and videos with customizable overlay text at the top of any page in Five.
In Five, you can style your Main Navigation to change the alignment and determine whether it displays above or below banner images.
Certain tweaks and settings can make a big impact on how your site looks and behaves. Play with the following options until you settle on a design you love.
To open any panel, press the ? key and search for its name.
Open Site Styles panel. These are some key tweaks that affect the whole site:
- Site Wide > Site Background
- Site Wide > Site Background Image
- Site Wide > Canvas Setting and Site Width
- Header > Header Background
Add a thumbnail to any page to create a banner image on that page. Then open the Site Styles panel and experiment with these tweaks:
- Header > Banner Content and Banner Alignment
- Header > Banner Area Spacing
- Header > Banner Overlay Color
- Header > Header Background Image - This creates a site-wide banner that displays on any page without a thumbnail.
In the Pages panel, open the page settings for any page and use the Page Layout drop-down to choose how many sidebars display on that page. Add content to the sidebars with blocks. Then open the Site Styles panel and experiment with these tweaks:
- Sidebar > Sidebar 1 Width and Sidebar 2 Width
- Sidebar > Sidebar Position
- Sidebar > Site Description in Sidebar - Add the site title and description
To get started building your Five site, visit Five structure and style.