You can make a copy of a Squarespace site by duplicating it. Use this guide to learn how to duplicate a site and what content copies over from the original.
To duplicate specific content within the same site, like pages or blog posts, visit Duplicating pages and content.
You must have Owner or Administrator permissions on a site to duplicate it. The contributor who duplicates the site will be the new site’s owner.
Before you begin
It’s not possible to duplicate:
- Sites with more than 100 pages
- Sites using the Developer Platform
- Parking pages
- Sites on the discontinued Cover Page plan
Keep in mind:
- Duplicating a site doesn't change the original site.
- Changes made to the copied site don't sync to the original site.
Duplicate a site
To duplicate a site:
- Go to your Account Dashboard.
- Click … on the site you want to duplicate.
- Click Duplicate Site.
- The duplicate site appears as the first site in your Account Dashboard. Its site title will end in “(Copy).” It may take longer to generate the duplicate depending on how much content is on the original site.
- The copied site starts in a free trial, like any other new Squarespace site.
- You can upgrade the trial to paid service when you're ready.
What copies to the new site
Duplicating a site copies the site’s content, structure, and design settings. Elements that don’t copy over must be set up per-site, like contributor permissions, or only work for one site at a time, like domain subscriptions.
- Code Injection
- Language & Region settings
- Pages, sections, layouts, and blocks
- Site title and logo
- Style settings
- Text content
What doesn’t duplicate
- Billing and account settings
- Commerce settings, including Orders and Discounts
- Connected accounts
- Digital product files
- Email and G Suite integrations
- Email Campaigns
- Licensed images
- Marketing and SEO settings
- Other contributors and permissions, besides the site owner
- Site availability settings
- Squarespace and external API keys
Contact us for more help
If you run into issues duplicating a site or see a "Couldn’t Duplicate Site" error message, contact us.