With the Squarespace app, you can edit your site from a mobile device.
The app is great for:
- Updating pages when you’re away from your computer
- Adding new images to galleries and blocks directly from your device
- Writing and editing new blog posts
- Reviewing traffic and other site analytics
- Managing your store's inventory and orders on the go
The Squarespace app is designed for customers already using Squarespace for their websites. To use the app, it's best if you already have some basic experience with our editing tools. If you’re new to Squarespace, or if you need a refresher, visit Getting started.
The app is available for Android and iOS devices.
- The Squarespace app must connect to a Squarespace version 7.0 or version 7.1 site. Squarespace 5 isn’t supported.
- All contributor levels can use the app. Site owners and administrators can access all areas of the app, while other contributors can access the same areas they access on a computer.
- You’ll need an internet connection to publish changes. If you lose your connection or close the app while editing, the app saves any work in progress and let you save or discard it when you return.
- To find the latest supported iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android operating systems, read the app details in the App Store or Google Play.
Tip: If your site is on a trial and you're using the iOS version of the app, you can upgrade to a Mobile Start plan using in-app purchase.
- Download the app for Android or iOS.
- Open the app and follow the prompts to log into your account. For help logging in, visit I can't log in.
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your account, you'll be prompted to enter your six-digit authentication code after logging in. To learn more, visit Protect your account with two-factor authentication.
- Choose a site from your account to edit in the app. You can view and edit one site at a time.
After selecting a site, explore the different tabs at the bottom of the screen (phones) or on the left side of the screen (iPads).
- Tap Home for suggested actions, areas you’ve edited most recently, and a basic traffic overview from analytics. Tap the mail icon at the top to review messages from Squarespace, or tap the + for shortcuts.
- Tap Pages to access all the pages of your site. Tap any page to view or edit. To learn more, visit Pages, blocks, and sections in the Squarespace app.
- Tap Analytics for traffic and other key statistics for your site. To learn more, visit Analytics in the Squarespace app.
- Tap Commerce to review your store's orders and inventory. To learn more, visit Managing your store in the Squarespace app.
- Tap Settings to view and edit common site settings, switch to a new site, get support, or log out. To learn more, visit Settings and styles in the Squarespace app.
While the app doesn't currently include every part of Squarespace, we plan to add more features in future updates. For edits that you can't make in the app, use the full version of Squarespace on a computer.
Get started shortcut
In the Home menu, tap the + at the top of the page to open a Get started shortcut menu. From here, you can:
- Add a new post to your blog
- Add a new product to your store
- Create a new store discount
- Import images to My Library
Finding Squarespace app information in the Help Center
Most guides on this site also apply to the Squarespace app. The only difference in the guides is the way some steps are worded. For example, if you can "click" something on a computer, you can "tap" it in the app. Note that there are some differences between the iOS and Android versions of the app, including which features are supported. To learn more, explore the other Squarespace app guides in the Squarespace on Mobile category of this Help site.
In guides for features that have bigger differences between a computer and the app, you'll find tabs with steps and information for each device type. Click Squarespace app to review the app-specific steps.
The tabs look like this:
This is where you'll find steps for editing on a computer. Click Squarespace app for app-specific steps.
This is where you'll find steps for editing in the Squarespace app. Click Computer for computer-specific steps.
Squarespace app for iPad
The Squarespace app isn't currently supported on Android tablets.
When you use the Squarespace app on an iPad, you can use Split View to add images directly from your iPad to your site. You'll also find that site styles and other setting menus take up less space on the page, so you can preview more of the page while you edit.
You'll notice these differences on an iPad:
- The main menu appears on the left side of the screen.
- A fullscreen icon appears at the top of the page preview. Tap it to hide or expand the menu.
- While you're editing a page, device view includes a Tablet option.
To add images using Split View:
- Follow Apple's steps to open the Squarespace app and the Photos app in Split View. The Squarespace app automatically resizes to fit the new space, but you can also tap and drag the app divider to make it bigger or smaller.
- In the Squarespace app, open the page you want to edit. Tap Edit at the top of the screen, then open an area that uses a single image, like an image block or section background. It's not possible to add images to a gallery from Split View.
- In Photos, find the image you want to add to your site. Tap and drag the image into the Squarespace app and into the uploader.
- Continue making any other changes, then tap Done at the top of the screen.
Which blocks can I add in the app?
Different block options appear in the app depending which version of Squarespace your site is on.
- On version 7.1, you can add new blocks to collection items and edit any existing blocks.
- On version 7.0, you can add new blocks and edit existing blocks, but not all blocks are supported.
The app currently focuses on the most popular blocks, and we plan to add more in future versions. For blocks that don't appear in the app, add them from a computer. To learn more, visit Pages, blocks, and sections in the Squarespace app.
Can I manage Scheduling in the Squarespace app?
It's not possible to manage Scheduling in the Squarespace app. Instead, use the Scheduling mobile admin app to view and manage your appointments and basic settings, or use a computer.
How is the Home tab in the app different than the Home menu on a computer?
The home area of the app and your computer site both help you quickly access everything you need to add and edit content.
In the app, the Home tab shows what you’ve recently edited, suggests quick actions, and displays basic traffic analytics. To open a page, tap a link in Home, tap Pages, or tap the site preview bar.
On a computer, the Home menu displays the different panels that help you manage and build your site, including Pages, Design, and Commerce. To learn more, visit The Home menu.
If you're having trouble with the Squarespace app, we recommend following these troubleshooting steps:
- Browse the help guides on this site.
- Ensure your device is using an operating system supported by the app, as listed in the App Store or Google Play.
- Ensure you’ve updated to the latest version of the app.
- If you're having trouble with two-factor authentication, visit Protect your account with two-factor authentication.
If you're still having trouble, tap Settings, then tap Help. Tap the option you need to view in-app help guides or send us feedback. To view your open tickets with Customer Support, tap My Tickets.