Squarespace templates define a site’s style and functionality. Although every template is customizable, there are special style rules and features built into each template. Many of these are unique to the template's family.
This guide offers a comparison of key features by template family. It's a quick reference for people who are familiar with our terminology. It doesn't cover features that are the same on every template, such as blocks and Regular Pages. Some of these templates are discontinued.
Learn more about templates
- For an overview, visit Understanding Squarespace templates.
- To see your site's template and its family, visit Which template am I using? and What's my template's family?
- For a deep dive, visit your template's guide.
Every template supports Album, Blog, Events, Gallery, and Products collection pages. Some template families also include special pages, like an Index Page. When templates share the same page type, such as the Standard Album Page, the page's style options and features are the same in each template.
- A template's other options, like banner images, affect how the page looks. Pages may also look different when added to or opened from an Index.
- For information about a unique page type, see the template's guide.
The following chart outlines the page types available for each template.
The following chart outlines the basic site-wide layout options for each template family. Certain elements, such as the header, may look different on Index Pages, Info Pages, or mobile browsers.
All templates have built-in mobile styles and responsive design to keep your site looking great on any device. Some template families display site elements like the site title differently, to help optimize the layout for mobile devices' smaller, narrower screens.
- To preview your mobile site, visit Device View.
- For more help, visit How will my site appear on a mobile device?, or learn about advanced styles and
* For Five and Montauk, blog posts display the blog landing page's banner.
Gallery Pages showcase images and videos in eye-catching layouts and styles. How the Gallery Page looks and behaves depends on your template.
- To learn more, visit Using the Gallery Page and Styling a Gallery Page.
- To create a gallery with different style options than those listed below, add a Gallery Block to any template.
* York also includes a Project Page.