Whether you’re setting up a blog or a site for your business, Native is a versatile template built to share your ideas or products with the world. Special features include a customizable header and circular thumbnail images on excerpted blog posts.
Tip: Native's Live Preview page shows real customer sites using this template.
Native supports these page types:
- Album Pages
- Blog Pages - List
- Cover Pages
- Events Pages
- Gallery Pages - Standard
- Layout Pages
- Products Pages - Classic
- To change or remove the site description, hover over the area below the site title and click Edit.
- Folder menus drop down on hover. The menu background matches the site background.
To style the header:
- Style the title or logo, description, and tag line in Site Header.
- Style the navigation in Site Navigation.
- To add border lines above and below the navigation, change the transparency of Borders Color in General. Lines also appear between blog posts.
This site background displays behind the header, footer, and main content area.
- Style the text and social icons with Footer tweaks.
- Unlike the rest of the site, footer text links aren't underlined.
Native Blog Pages display as a list of vertically-stacked posts.
- Adding a border to the header also adds lines between blog posts.
- Promoted Image, Gallery, and Video Blocks display above titles at the width of the site.
- Individual posts have navigation for previous and next posts above the comments.
- The text from the Business Name field of the Location tab displays as a location tag.
Style Blog Pages in the Blog section.
- Choose if dates and categories display above or below the post with Blog Meta Data. All other metadata always displays below the post.
- Hide or display author names, tags, and categories with Hide Author and Hide Tags Categories.
- Hide or display metadata icons with Hide Icons.
- Set the post width with Blog Content Width.
- They don't display on individual posts, or on narrow mobile devices like smartphones.
- Focal points don't apply.
With Squarespace's built-in responsive design, your site adjusts to look great on any device.
- On narrow mobile browsers, such as smartphones, blog post thumbnails don't display.
- You can disable mobile styles (not recommended).
Navigation collapses to a Navigation link below the header. The menu that appears looks different on different devices: