Create pages to build your site, then organize your pages in a navigation menu to help visitors explore. There a few types of pages:
- Regular Pages create custom layouts of text and other content.
- Collections serve specific purposes and have designs that vary between templates.
- Index Pages, folders, and navigation links are more options for organizing your content.
- Cover Pages are bold landing pages or single-page sites.
- Understanding the Pages panel is a great resource for structuring your site's pages.
- Watch this Pages video tutorial from our Getting Started Series.
Pages and blocks
Regular Pages support blocks, letting you arrange images, videos, text, maps, and more in a customized layout.
- Build a page by adding a Regular Page to your navigation menu.
- Add a block to begin adding content to your page or blog post. Blocks are the foundation of your site.
- Move, resize, and delete blocks to lay out content in columns and rows.
- Blocks let you add text, images, video, galleries, audio, and more to your site.
Collection pages support specific purposes, such as displaying upcoming events or showcasing a gallery of images. Collections are available in all templates, and their designs and features vary.
- Learn about collections.
- Gallery Pages display galleries of images and videos.
- Create and manage an online store using a Products Page.
- Create a blog with a Blog Page.
- Events Pages display events as a calendar or list.
- Add a playlist of audio files with an Album Page.
Index Pages organize content from multiple pages into a single location. It's common to set an Index Page as your homepage.
- Index Pages are available in some templates. Each has its own unique design and style options. Some stack multiple pages vertically, some create a navigation grid of images, and some create slideshows.
- Learn how to create an Index Page by adding pages. These are often represented in the Index by thumbnail images.
- The most popular templates for Index Pages are Avenue, Momentum, and Brine.
Cover Pages are built differently than other page types and feature bold, eye-catching layouts.
- Learn about Cover Pages and their many unique layouts.
- You can add a Cover Page to a website or a store.
- Or use a Cover Page as a single-page site.
- Cover Pages are a great option for Under Construction pages, letting visitors know your new site is coming soon.
Structure your site so it's easy to navigate, then highlight important content.
- Learn how to change your homepage.
- Visitors can use your navigation menus to explore your site.
- Create drop-down menus with folders. Learn about Folders vs. Index Pages.
- Use tags and categories to sort and display collection items.
- Connect to external pages by adding links to your navigation.
- Hide pages by disabling them or placing them in Not Linked.
- Password-protect pages or your entire site.
- Delete a page to remove it. You have 30 days to restore a deleted page.
Tip: Find more Pages and content guides by exploring the left navigation.