Find resources about the pages, sections, and blocks that make up your site.
When you build your site, you'll use pages, pages sections, and blocks to create your site content, then organize your pages in a navigation menu to help visitors explore.
Use this guide to learn about the different types of content that make up the building blocks of your website. Most options are available on version 7.1 and version 7.0, but some are exclusive to one version.
Every Squarespace site is made up of different pages, each of which is made up of different sections and blocks. When a page is added to your navigation, it creates a link that corresponds to the page in your site header.
- Build your site's structure and navigation in the Pages panel
- Add pages to Linked to create your site's navigation menu
- Use layout pages to arrange content blocks in a customized layout
- Use collection pages to create a series of collection items with specific purposes, like blog posts, events, and products
- On version 7.1, create portfolio pages to display sets of projects as sub-pages
Sections and blocks
Create and arrange content on your site with blocks. On version 7.1, you can further customize each page's layout with page sections.
- Use blocks to add text, images, videos, audio, and more to your page, blog post, or other content area
- Move, resize, and delete blocks to change your layout or create columns and rows
- On version 7.1, use page sections to add more block areas to your page, create galleries of images, or arrange images, text, and buttons in auto layouts
- On version 7.1, create unique, versatile block layouts and design separate mobile versions of your pages with Fluid Engine
Structure your site to help visitors navigate your pages and find the most important content.
- Set your homepage.
- Create drop-down menus with our dropdowns feature.
- Use tags and categories to sort and filter collection items.
- Connect to external pages by adding links to your navigation.
- Hide pages by disabling them or placing them in Not linked.
- Password-protect pages or your entire site.
- Delete a page to remove it. You have 30 days to restore a deleted page.
Tip: Find more pages and content guides by by clicking the Pages and content link above this guide's title.
Watch a video
This video shows version 7.0, but many of the basics apply to version 7.1 too.