Squarespace is an all-in-one content management system, or CMS. A Squarespace subscription includes content hosting, professionally designed templates, 24/7 support, and access to our user-friendly platform for creating beautiful websites. You can use Squarespace to build Cover Page sites, websites, and online stores.
Tip: If you're new to Squarespace and have general questions about the services we provide, visit our introductory Starting with Squarespace FAQ.
After starting a trial, take a moment to watch our Getting Started video series and related beginner content to learn how the platform works.
- Every Squarespace site begins as a trial. This is a free two-week period where you can explore the platform, upload content, experiment with your design, and share your progress with friends and colleagues.
- When you start a trial, you’ll select a template or create a custom template. Templates use demo content to show unique features and give you an idea of how the template can be styled.
- Our Getting Started with Squarespace video series provides a general overview of the platform. If you’re new to designing websites, we recommend watching these quick videos to learn how Squarespace works before exploring on your own.
- When you’re ready to build your site, you’ll use the Pages panel in the Home Menu. Here you can create new pages, add content with blocks, and move blocks around to create a custom layout.
You can choose from a range of billing plans to get your idea online, whether you’re starting with a domain or launching an eCommerce business.
- All billing plans are available on monthly and annual payment cycles. On an annual billing cycle, the average monthly cost is lower, and you can register a free custom domain for a year.
- Upgrade to paid service to make your site public. If you need more time to design your site before going live, you can hide it behind a site-wide password or Under Construction page.
- If you’re not ready to build a full site, you can start with a domain and parking page.
Creating your design
Use Site Styles to customize your template, tweak the design, and find your site’s unique aesthetic.
- Our Design Tips series can help you choose compelling images by uploading your own photos or adding a stock image.
- Use Site Styles to select the right fonts and colors.
- Visit our template guides to learn about your template’s specific options and features. You can also search for your template name and "Site Styles Tweaks" to find a list of its unique style options.
- As a Squarespace subscriber, you can use Squarespace Logo to create and download hi-res logos for free. Read our Design Tips series to learn about creating a great logo.
Tip: Find more Getting started guides by exploring the left navigation.