Squarespace is an all-in-one content management system, or CMS. A Squarespace subscription includes content hosting, professionally designed layouts, 24/7 support, and access to our user-friendly platform for creating beautiful websites. You can use Squarespace to build websites and online stores.
Tip: If you're new to Squarespace and have general questions about the services we provide, visit our introductory Starting with Squarespace FAQ.
- Every Squarespace site begins as a trial. This is a free two-week period where you can explore the platform, upload content, experiment with your design, and share your progress with friends and colleagues.
- When you start a trial, you’ll select a template. Templates use demo content to showcase site features and give you an idea of how your site can be styled. You can remove the demo content and make the site your own by adding images and customizing colors and fonts.
- When you’re ready to build your site, use the Pages panel in the Home Menu to create new pages. Then you can add sections and rearrange your content to create custom layouts.
- The current Squarespace platform is version 7.1.
You can choose from a range of billing plans to get your idea online, whether you’re starting with a domain or launching an eCommerce business.
- All billing plans are available on monthly and annual payment cycles. On an annual billing cycle, the average monthly cost is lower, and you can register a free custom domain for a year.
- Upgrade to paid service to make your site public. If you need more time to design your site before going live, you can hide it behind a site-wide password or Under Construction page.
- If you’re not ready to build a full site, you can start with a domain and parking page.
Creating your design
Choose from curated font and color themes to quickly update styles across your entire site.
- Choose a font pack, then adjust the base font size to scale the rest of your text accordingly.
- Choose color palette and theme options to customize your site with complementary colors.
- As a Squarespace subscriber, you can use Squarespace Logo to create and download hi-res logos for free. Read our tips for creating a great logo.
- We have design tips to help you choose compelling images by uploading your own images or adding a stock image.
For more help, visit Version 7.1 style and design options.
Tip: Find more Getting Started guides by exploring the left navigation.
Learn more in a webinar
In addition to our guides and video tutorials, we offer live webinars to help you get comfortable and explore Squarespace's features. In our webinars, we walk you through the basics of setting up your site and growing your brand.
- Topics include "Getting Started with Squarespace," "Launching Your Online Store," and "Growing Your Audience."
- Webinars last one hour and are streamed live.
- You don't need a Squarespace site or account to sign up.
- You can ask the Community Team questions throughout the session.
After it ends, we'll email you a video link to the webinar so you can go back and review everything you learned. If you can't attend the webinar at its scheduled time, you can watch the video at a time that works for you.
To sign up and learn more, visit our Webinars page.