You can move collection items, such as blog posts, products, gallery images and videos, events, and album tracks, between collection pages of the same type. This is a great way to organize content without recreating it or merge multiple pages into one.
Before you begin
- You can move content between collections: Album, Blog, Events, Gallery, Products, and Project Pages.
- On the York template family, you can move content between Project Pages and Gallery Pages.
- It's not possible to move content between Layout Pages.
- To move content between Indexes or folders, drag and drop the page in the Pages panel.
- You can't transfer content between Squarespace sites.
Move collection items
To move collection items to a new collection page:
- In the Home Menu, click Pages.
- In the Pages panel, select the page containing the content you're moving.
- Press and hold Shift and click the item or items you want to move.
- In the action bar at the bottom of the panel, click Move. The Move button only shows if you have at least one other page of the same type.
- In the Select Destination Collection window, select the page where the content will go.
- Click Move Items.
The select and move options may look different depending on the page type. Here's what it looks like for blog posts:
After moving collection items
Direct URLs for collection items (except album tracks) change to match the new collection page. If both pages were public, we recommend setting up 301 redirects to ensure your SEO isn't impacted and visitors don't go to broken links.
Where the items appear in the collection page depends on the type:
- Products, gallery images and videos, album tracks - Moved items appear at the bottom of the collection. To rearrange the items, click and drag them.
- Blog posts, events - Items are ordered based on their date. To rearrange them, change the dates of the blog post or event.
Display collection items on Layout Pages
It's not possible to move collection items directly to Layout Pages, but you can display collection items on Layout Pages using blocks:
- Calendar Blocks - Display events or other collection items in a calendar format.
- Gallery Blocks - Display images and videos from existing Gallery Pages in a variety of formats.
- Product Blocks - Display individual products from existing Product Pages.
- Summary Blocks - Display blog posts, events, gallery images and videos, or products in a variety of formats.