You can connect your Squarespace site to social networks and other online services. After connecting social accounts, you can add icons that link to your social profiles, add content to your site from your social profiles, and send content from your site to your social profiles.
Note: To learn more about social icons, visit Displaying social icons.
We have step-by-step guides for most Connected Accounts:
- Facebook (a personal profile or page)
- Google Play
- iTunes Store
Step 1 - Add an account
Depending on your plan:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Connected Accounts.
- In the Home Menu, click Social Icons, and then click Connected Accounts. (Cover Pages)
Click Connect Account.
In the Connected Accounts menu, select the account you'd like to add.
Step 2 - Authorize account
Log in with your account name and password, and then click Authorize.
Note: The authorization process varies between services.
Step 3 - Set up the account
Click your account in Connected Accounts to open its Settings. The available settings vary between services.
For Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr, you can set the Default Posting Format for the content you choose to push from Squarespace to those services. You can add a Title by typing %t, Author by typing %a, or the URL by typing %u.
Note: To add additional social accounts, repeat Step 1 through Step 3.
Note: If you need to add more than one account from the same service (for example, multiple Twitter accounts), be sure to first log out completely from all accounts for that service.
Step 4 - Reset account data (optional)
For accounts like Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Foursquare, and 500px, you can click Reset Data to refresh the feeds in any Social Blocks connected to these accounts.
Disconnect an account
To remove an account from your list of connected accounts, select the account and click the Disconnect Button.
I'm seeing a "Connected Accounts Deactivated" message when I log into my site.
Making changes to a connected account, like changing the password or permissions, can often cause the account to disconnect. Use the following steps to resolve this:
- From the Home Menu, click Settings, then Connected Accounts. The deactivated account will show an error message next to the title. You can also click any account to open the details.
- Log out of the affected account on your browser. For example, if your Tumblr account is deactivated, ensure that you're logged out of Tumblr before continuing.
- Return to the Connected Accounts panel and click the account name.
- Click Disconnect at the bottom of the account settings.
- Click Connect Account to add the account again, using the new password if applicable. Allow full permission for Squarespace to make changes to the connected account.
I can't see my social blocks.
Social blocks, like the Twitter Block or Instagram Block, might not display if you're using ad blockers in your browser. We recommend removing any ad blockers to see if that helps. If you still can't see these blocks, try disabling all browser extensions. If you continue to have trouble, open a ticket.