This guide covers receiving an order, marking it as fulfilled, and adding an optional tracking number to an order.
If you'd like to print shipping labels for orders, you can do this through our integration with ShipStation. For help, visit Connecting Squarespace to ShipStation.
Tip: Try the Squarespace Commerce app to fulfill orders on your mobile device. The app automatically adds tracking numbers to orders when you scan shipping labels, helping you speed up the order fulfillment process. Download: iOS, Android
Before you begin
- Orders for physical products can be marked as fulfilled, with the option to send a fulfillment notification including a tracking number.
- Orders for service products can be marked as fulfilled, with the option to send a fulfillment notification.
- Orders for digital products or gift cards are fulfilled automatically.
Step 1 - Get an email notification
If you're an Admin or Store Manager, you'll receive an email notification letting you know you have a new order.
The notification email includes:
- Billing information
- Shipping information
- Item details
- Information submitted via custom product forms and custom checkout forms
The customer will see the same information in their Order Confirmed email, which acts as their receipt.
Step 2 - Search for the order
Depending on your plan:
- In the Home Menu, click Commerce, and then click Orders.
- In the Home Menu, click Orders.
You can also press the ? key while any panel is open and search orders.
The Orders panel lists all Pending, Fulfilled, and Canceled orders, the most recent orders appearing at the top of the list, with the following information:
- Order - Order number
- Placed On - Date of order
- Customer - Customer name
- Email - Customer email
- Total - Amount paid
- Payment - Paid, Refunded, or Partial Refund
- Fulfillment - Pending, Fulfilled, or Canceled
You can also search for an order by its order number, email, or customer name.
Step 3 - Open the order summary
Double-click on the order to open its Order Summary. The Order Summary has transaction details and tools to fulfill and manage the order. Click the tabs at the top of the window to find the information you need:
|Summary||View the billing address, shipping address, order invoice details, custom form submissions, and a link to view the charge in Stripe.|
|Internal Notes||Enter and view notes about the order. These notes won't be visible to your customers.|
|Email Notifications||Resend email notifications.|
Step 4 - Mark as fulfilled
When you're ready to ship a physical order, or when you've completed a service order, click Mark Fulfilled.
(You may need to scroll down depending on your browser window size.)
Tip: Digital products and gift cards fulfill automatically. For these products, skip to Step 8.
Step 5 - Send a shipping notification
Leave Send Order Fulfilled Notification checked to send the Order Fulfilled email to the customer. This email will send immediately after clicking Confirm.
Tip: If you don't want to send Order Fulfilled emails, uncheck this box each time you fulfill an order.
Step 6 - Add a tracking number (optional)
Add tracking information for physical products
To help you and your customers track packages online, you can add a tracking number in the Tracking Number box.
The Carrier drop-down menu will automatically update with the carrier associated with the number if it's a standard carrier. Our standard carrier options are:
- Australia Post
- Canada Post
- Royal Mail
If your carrier isn't listed, select Other from the Carrier drop-down menu, and then enter a custom carrier.
If the order has multiple packages, enter a different tracking number for each package.
How tracking numbers appear
- The tracking number is included in the Order Fulfilled notification.
- It's also available in the Order Summary window for your records.
- If the tracking number is associated with a standard carrier (Australia Post, Canada Post, DHL, FedEx, UPS, or USPS), it will be a link. Clicking the number opens the carrier's tracking page.
- If the tracking number is associated with a custom carrier, it will display in the Order Fulfilled notification and Order Summary but won't be clickable.
Sample notification email with a tracking number
Step 7 - Fulfill the order
Click Confirm to fulfill the order.
Step 8 - View fulfilled orders
Click the drop-down menu and select Fulfilled Orders. The most recent orders will appear at the top of the list.
If you mark an order as Fulfilled by mistake, you can double-click the order to reopen the Order Summary. Click Mark Pending to set it back to Pending.
This won't unsend the notification email. You can contact the customer by clicking the Email Notifications tab in Order Summary. For more information on this, visit Contacting a customer.
To see additional information about an order or view the charge in Stripe, visit Viewing an order's activity. To view PayPal payment details, log into your PayPal Business account.