You can create shipping options that automatically apply to physical products at checkout. This guide provides an overview of these options and how to set them up. Shipping options include:
- Flat rate - A flat fee per order, plus an optional per-item fee
- Rates by weight - Fees based on the total order weight
- Carrier Calculated (Commerce Advanced plan only) - Fees based on a carrier’s standard rates
- Free shipping
Before you begin
- To apply shipping rules abroad, or to specific cities, states, and provinces, visit Creating shipping zones.
- Product-specific shipping rules aren't available at this time.
Choosing the right shipping options for your business
For advice on which shipping options to offer based on the products you sell, visit Choosing the right shipping options.
Step 1 - Add a shipping method
After you choose the right shipping methods for your business, follow these steps to set them up:
- In the Home Menu, click Commerce, and then click Shipping.
- Click Add Shipping Option.
- Click Flat Rate or Depending on weight in the Shipping Options menu.
- If you’re on the Commerce Advanced plan, you can select Carrier Calculatedvia FedEx, Carrier Calculated via UPS, and Carrier Calculated via USPS.
Use your shipping carrier’s resources to calculate shipping rates:
Step 2 - Choose a shipping zone
A shipping zone is an area where a specific shipping option applies, like a specific country or state. Click Shipping Zones to choose at least one zone for this shipping option.
- You can create local and regional options for the United States or Canada.
- Customers in countries without a set rule won't see their country listed as an option at checkout.
- To enable shipping to customers in areas where you haven't set up a specific shipping option, select Rest of the World.
Click Save to save your new shipping method
To learn more, visit Creating shipping zones.
Create a free shipping option (optional)
You can offer free shipping using the Flat Rate shipping option or by offering a "free shipping" discount. For help with this, visit Free shipping.
Note: It isn't possible to set per-product shipping rates, so a "Free Shipping" Flat Rate option will be available to any customer checking out.
How shipping rates display
In the Commerce panel, shipping options display in the order you add them.
Your customers' view
On the checkout page, shipping options appear after the customer enters their shipping address. The available options display in ascending order of price, with the least expensive option selected by default. It's up to the customer to select from the shipping options available to them.