Aviator, Aubrey, and Encore (discontinued) are in the same template family. This means they share the same underlying structure and functionality. The directions in the Aviator guides apply to all these templates.
See the left navigation for information about building and customizing specific parts of your site. If you haven't yet picked a template, you can get help with initial installation at Getting started with Squarespace.
Note: Visit the Live Preview page for Aviator and Aubrey for examples of real customer sites using these templates. If you've already created a site, you can switch your template at any time.
The Aviator, Aubrey, Encore templates create a welcoming first impression. With a beautiful landing page and full-screen background images, these templates are well-suited to local businesses, design firms, creative professionals, and weddings.
The Info Page is a unique landing page that makes an ideal homepage. Choose from three layout options and multiple style settings to make it your own.
Full-width blog images
Promoted Blocks display at the full width of the main content area.
Certain tweaks and settings can make a big impact on how your site looks and behaves. Play with the following options until you settle on a design you love.
To open any panel, press the ? key and search for its name.
The default homepage for all three templates is called the Info Page. While on this page, open the Site Styles panel and experiment with these tweaks:
- Options > Info Page Layout
- Info Page Styles > Info Page Background Overlay
- Info Page Styles > Freeform Text on Info Page - Exit Site Styles to edit this text.
- Info Page Styles > Info Page Background Image
- Colors > Navigation
In the Pages panel or your main navigation, click any page aside from the Info Page. These are some key tweaks that affect the rest of your site:
- Colors > Background Image
- Colors > Background Overlay
- Colors > Header Footer Background
- Sizes & Values > Site Width
- Options > Info Page Layout
- Options > Site Drop Shadow
- Options > Site Border
- Typography > Navigation Font
Tip: For colors, you can adjust the opacity.
If the first block in a post is an Image Block or Video Block, it's called a Promoted Block. Promoted Blocks display at the width of the main content area. To see this in action:
- In the Pages panel, click + to add a Blog Page.
- Create a blog post.
- Click the top insert point to add an image as the first block in the post editor.
- Add the same image below it.
- Save the blog post.
Promoted Blocks also display in excerpts.
Note: Promoted Image Blocks won't stretch wider than the original dimensions of the image.
Encore is no longer available in the template store. If you already have it installed, you can continue to use it. To learn more, visit Discontinued templates.
To get started building your site, visit Structure and style.