Use our .csv template to import products from any platform into your Squarespace store. The .csv helps you create a Squarespace-friendly format for all of your existing product data, including variants, prices, stock, tags, and categories. You can also bulk-edit products by importing an updated .csv file.
If you’re importing from Big Cartel, Etsy, or Shopify, use our platform-specific options instead.
Product importing is only available on the Commerce Basic and Advanced plans.
Watch a video
Download the .csv file
- In the Home Menu, click Commerce, then click Inventory.
- Click Import in the top-right corner.
- Click Download CSV template.
- Open the file with a spreadsheet program, like Excel or Google Sheets.
Complete the .csv file
Add your products to the downloaded .csv file using Completing the product import .csv file as a reference. To ensure your products import correctly, you must follow the formatting rules outlined in that guide.
Upload the file
After you complete the .csv file, upload it:
- In the Inventory panel, click Import in the top-right corner.
- Drag and drop the completed .csv into the Upload Squarespace CSV box.
- To prevent the import from updating stock levels to the values in the spreadsheet, uncheck Update product quantities.
- Review the results and correct any errors by uploading an edited .csv file.
- Click Save.
Tip: If the import fails, copy all the text in the .csv file, paste it into a new spreadsheet, and then upload the new .csv. This will resolve most issues.
Enable your content
If you didn't specify a Products Page in your .csv file, your imported content will appear in a new Products Page in the Not Linked section of the Pages panel. This page is disabled by default. This means that it's hidden from your navigation menus, and visitors can't see it until you're ready to move and enable it.
If you specified a Products Page in the Product Page column of your .csv file, your products will be imported to that page. They'll be hidden by default, so visitors can't see them until you make them visible.
Tip: If you don't see an Imported Products page in the Pages panel, refresh your browser.
- Imported products won't have a set thumbnail image. You can set thumbnail images manually.
- This is a one-time import. Any updates to your original store or .csv won't automatically sync to Squarespace after the import.
- The import is only for physical and service products. Digital and subscription products won’t import.
- It’s not possible to schedule products with an import. You can only publish or hide.
- You can import up to 200 products per Product Page via .csv. Each product can have up to 100 variants.
Next, you can customize the Products Page:
- Click and drag the Products Page to the Main Navigation so it appears in your navigation menu.
- Change the Products Page’s name and URL in page settings.
- Edit the products to add or change images, stock levels, or descriptions.
- Add more products to the page.
- Move the products to a different Products Page.
Why did my import fail?
If your import failed, review your completed .csv file to ensure that all fields are properly formatted. Follow the guidelines in Completing the product import .csv file.
Fix any issues you find, save the file as a .csv, and try importing again.
What if I accidentally imported the sample products?
If the products from the example rows in the .csv imported, you can delete them.
Can I import products from another Squarespace site?
Yes. To import products from one Squarespace site to another, export your products to a .csv. You may need to edit the file if you sell digital products, or products with many variants.
Will importing more .csv files erase any existing products on my site?
No. You can import as many .csv files as you need. Each import of new products creates a new Products Page in the Not Linked section of your site.
Can I import customers?
No. Importing via .csv only supports product imports.
Images aren't appearing after import
Ensure your image URL begin with “http://” and not “https://” or “ftp://”
I followed the guidelines but my import still fails
If your import continues to fail, we recommend opening the .csv with a spreadsheet program to check for unsupported formatting. Common formatting problems include:
- Bulleted lists
- Nonstandard characters
If you don't see any formatting issues, ensure you're using the correct template. We updated the product import template on December 6, 2019. Download the new template here.