Manage your sites, domains, and organization members all in one place.
If you’re on an Enterprise plan, use the organization dashboard to review all the Squarespace sites and domains your business owns in one place. Depending on your organization role, you can use this dashboard to:
- View a list of sites owned by your organization
- Create and activate new sites for your organization
- Review and manage members of your organization
This guide explains how to create and manage all the sites and users in your Enterprise organization.
This feature is for Enterprise customers only. It's not available for other plan levels.
Watch a video
Before you begin
- When your business first purchases an Enterprise plan, your Squarespace Account Manager will add your first team administrator to the organization. That team administrator can then invite more members to join.
- Each Enterprise member has an organization role, which dictates the actions they can take at the organization level. This role is different than their site-level permissions, which are unique to each site in the organization.
Accept an invitation to join an organization
Tip: If you have a personal Squarespace account with a personal email address, log out of it on your device before accepting an invitation to join an organization. If you’re already logged in, that account will join the organization by default.
When a team administrator adds you to their organization, you’ll receive an email invitation at your business email address. When you accept the invitation, you'll be prompted to log into an existing Squarespace account or create a new one. If you already have a Squarespace account associated with your business email address, log in to accept the invitation. Otherwise, create a new account using your business email.
Keep in mind that invitations to join an organization expire after seven days. If your invite expires, a team administrator needs to re-add you as a team member to generate a new invitation.
Contributors to an Enterprise organization can have one of the following roles at the organization level:
- Team administrator - Can access and edit all organization-owned websites, create and publish sites in an organization, and manage other members of their organization, including each member’s permissions at both the organization and site level
- Team member - Can access select organization-owned websites and create trial sites in the organization
Open the organization dashboard
If your Squarespace account belongs to an organization on an Enterprise plan, you can navigate to the organization dashboard from your personal dashboard.
To view the organization dashboard:
- Go to account.squarespace.com. If prompted, log into your account using your business email.
- Click Personal in the top-right corner, then click your organization name in the drop-down menu.
The Dashboard tab shows every site in your organization that you have site-level permissions to view, including expired sites. You can identify each site by its preview image of the homepage or its site title. Search for a specific Enterprise site, or sort the list by name, status, or your permissions.
To start a trial site owned by the organization, click Create website.
Organize your dashboard using tags and filters
You can organize your projects, and increase your team’s efficiency, by adding tags to each site based on content type, status, ownership, and more. Then you can use the tags to filter your sites and create a more streamlined view of your account dashboard.
For example, you can use tags to:
- Streamline your dashboard view to display only the sites you’re working on.
- Tag sites based on content, type, or business objective.
- Keep track of a project’s status.
- Clarify task ownership and delegate tasks to team members.
To watch a tagging and filtering tutorial, visit How Tagging and Filtering Websites Improve Team Collaboration.
Team members can add or remove site tags, view or hide tags, and filter sites according to their tags. If you’re a team administrator, you can also edit existing tags and share them across the organization.
Create and manage tags
To create a new tag:
- From your account dashboard, click Personal in the top-right corner, then select your organization name in the drop-down menu.
- Switch the toggle to table view, then enter a tag name in the Tags column and press Enter.
- You can also click Manage tags in the top-left of the table view
To edit or delete existing tags:
- In the top-left of your account dashboard, click Manage tags.
- Click … next to the tag you want to edit, then select Edit or Delete from the drop-down menu.
Use tags on your dashboard
You can apply different tags as filters to streamline your account dashboard.
- In the top-left of your account dashboard, click the Tag drop-down menu.
- Check the tags you want to apply.
- Click Apply.
The sites that meet the filter criteria will appear on your account dashboard.
Manage your team
The Team tab of the organization dashboard shows every member of the organization, along with their organization role. Only team administrators can access this tab.
You can sort the list of team members by name, email, or organization role. Click Edit beside a member to review their account details and a list of their site-level permissions. To change a team member’s organization role or remove them from the organization, click Edit info under their account details.
Invite a new member
Team administrators can add new team members to the organization from the Team tab:
- Click Add team member.
- Enter the user’s full name and business email address.
- Choose their organization role, then click Add.
- The new member will receive an email invitation asking them to log into their existing Squarespace account or create a new one.
To cancel a pending invitation:
- In the Team tab, search for the member by name, then click Edit.
- Beside the Invitation link, click …
- Click Cancel invitation, then click Confirm.
In the Team tab, team administrators can assign site-level permissions to other team members for each site in the organization:
- Search for the team member, then click Edit.
- Under Site permissions, find the site you want to assign permissions to.
- In the Permissions column, click the down arrow, then click the permission name in the drop-down menu. Choose from the following permissions:
- Admin - Full access to edit site content and change site settings
- Website manager - Full access to the Pages panel to edit site content and update page settings, and the Design panel to customize the site’s style and design
- Website editor - Can edit website content, but can’t change site settings
- Draft editor - Can create, edit, save, and delete page drafts, but can't edit non-draft pages, or publish any changes.
- None - The member can't edit the website's content or settings
To give an Enterprise member a more specific site-level permission, click the site name under Site permissions, then navigate to the Permissions panel.
Enterprise site statuses
There are three possible statuses for each site in an organization:
- Enterprise - Active sites in your organization
- Enterprise trial - Sites created by any team member or team administrator. These can only be activated on the Enterprise plan by team administrators.
- Expired - Sites on the Enterprise plan whose trials have ended
Activate an Enterprise trial site
Team administrators can activate and publish an Enterprise trial site:
- Navigate to the organization dashboard.
- Search for the trial site you want to activate.
- Click …, then click Activate.
- Click Activate in the pop-up to confirm the change. This immediately changes the site’s status from Enterprise trial to Enterprise.
- Change the site’s availability to Public to make it accessible to all visitors.
Tip: If you receive an error message when activating the trial site, your organization may have reached the maximum number of sites on your Enterprise plan. Contact your Squarespace Account Manager for more information.