Gallery sections are a type of page section in version 7.1. You can add gallery sections to your pages to display sets of images in striking layouts, instead of adding multiple Image Blocks.
This guide is for version 7.1. For a similar effect in version 7.0, use Gallery Pages or Gallery Blocks.
Watch a video
Add a gallery section
To create a new page with a gallery section:
- In the Home Menu, click Pages, then click +.
- In the menu, click Page Layouts, then click Gallery and choose a layout. You can change this later.
- Enter a page title and press Enter.
- Click Edit on the page.
- Click the image icon to add and edit images.
- Click the pencil icon to style the gallery section.
- Click Save to publish your changes.
You can also add a gallery section to an existing page on your site:
- Click Edit on the page.
- Click + above or below an existing section.
- Click Gallery and choose a layout.
Add images to the gallery
After adding a gallery section, you can add images to it:
- Hover over the gallery, click the image icon, then click +.
- To add new images from your device, click Upload Images.
- To reuse images you already added or add stock images, click Search Images.
After uploading an image, you can:
- Click Image Editor to edit the image.
- Adjust the focal point. This may not affect how the image looks, depending on its aspect ratio and your style settings.
- Enter a Description to add alt text. Descriptions don't display in the gallery section.
- Add a clickthrough URL in the Link box.
- Delete the image by hovering over its thumbnail and clicking the trash can icon.
Keep in mind:
- Gallery sections don't currently support videos or captions.
- It's not possible to add blocks to gallery sections, but you can add block sections above or below a gallery section.
- When you add or delete images from the gallery section, it's not possible to undo that change by clicking Discard changes. Remove or re-add images manually.
Style the gallery
To customize how your gallery looks, you can change the layout, colors, aspect ratio, spacing between images, and other options. To style a gallery section:
- On the page with the gallery section, click Edit.
- Hover over the gallery section, and click the pencil icon.
- In the Gallery tab, change the layout with the Gallery Type drop-down menu.
- Below Gallery Type, make style changes to the current layout, like spacing and image height. These options vary between layouts.
- Click the Colors tab to choose a color theme. Changes in this section override global styles in the Design panel of your site.
- Click Save.