You can change your Email Campaigns billing plan and cycle at any time. This guide covers changing your plan and how frequently you’re billed for service (monthly or annually).
Before you begin
- Only site owners and contributors with Admin or Billing permissions can make these changes.
- To change your plan and billing cycle, change your plan first, save your changes, then return to the Billing panel panel to change your billing cycle. You can't change your plan and billing cycle at the same time.
- If your Email Campaigns subscription is past due, update your billing credit card before changing your plan.
- Changing your billing cycle may affect your renewal date and your usage period reset date. To learn more about billing cycles and usage periods, visit Email Campaigns pricing, billing, and invoices.
Note: When you change your plan or billing cycle, you may be refunded or charged the prorated difference. Any refunds will process in 3 to 10 business days depending on your bank.
Change your billing plan and cycle
To change your billing plan or cycle:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, then click Billing & account.
- Click Billing, then click Email Campaigns.
Change your billing plan
To switch to a different Email Campaigns billing plan:
- Click Change Plan. You'll be taken to the Email Campaigns dashboard.
- Select a plan.
- Review the plan change details, including any charges.
- Confirm the change.
Note: If you downgrade your plan after already exceeding the new plan’s limits, you won’t be able to send new or existing campaigns until the next usage period. You can still build mailing lists, compose drafts, and review past campaigns during this time.
Change your billing cycle
To switch to annual or monthly billing:
- Click Change Billing Cycle.
- Select Annually or Monthly.
- Click Confirm Cycle Change.
Refunds or charges
If you switched to monthly billing
If you switched from annual to monthly billing, you’ll start a new billing cycle and usage period. The invoice will be based on the cost of the monthly plan subtracted from the cost of the unused time on the annual plan.
In most cases, this will be a refund, which will take 3 to 10 business days to process. However, if you have less than one month left on an annual term when switching to monthly billing, you'll be charged a prorated amount depending on the plan.
If you switched to annual billing
If you switched from monthly to annual billing, you’ll start a new billing cycle and usage period. The invoice will be a prorated charge based on the cost of the unused time from the month subtracted from the cost of the annual plan.
If you downgraded your plan
If you downgraded your plan, you’ll be refunded the prorated difference between the two plans based on the remaining time in your billing cycle. Your billing cycle, usage period, and renewal date won’t change.
If you already exceeded the new plan’s limits for your current usage period before downgrading, you won’t be able to use Email Campaigns features until the next usage period.
If you upgraded your plan
If you upgraded your plan, you’ll be charged the prorated difference between the two plans based on the remaining time in your billing cycle. Your billing cycle, usage period, and renewal date won’t change.