With our integrated Email Campaigns feature, you can send on-brand emails as beautiful as your website. Email Campaigns can help you:
- Email more efficiently - Update your site and send campaigns within the same interface. Pull content like your site logo and blog posts directly into your emails.
- Enhance your brand - Craft campaigns that are a seamless extension of your site and brand.
- View more analytics - Integrated analytics give you a more holistic understanding of your subscribers and site visitors.
Watch a video
Before you begin
- You need an active Squarespace website to use Email Campaigns. If you haven't built your site yet, visit Starting a Squarespace trial.
- To avoid spam filters, we recommend your website have a custom domain and email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
For a limited time, Email Campaigns is available for free to all current Squarespace customers. This period is called Early Access.
Early Access ends on April 24. Everything you've done will be saved, and you can continue creating drafts and mailing lists for free, but you'll need to sign up for an Email Campaigns plan to send campaigns.
Email Campaigns plans start at $5 per month. See our pricing details for more information.
Open the Email Campaigns dashboard
To open the Email Campaigns dashboard:
- Log into your site.
- In the Home Menu, click Marketing.
- Click Email Campaigns.
Set up your profile and mailing lists
Before you can send email campaigns, you need at least one mailing list and a sender profile.
A mailing list is a collection of email addresses. Visit Building mailing lists to create one.
A sender profile is the email address and name that your subscribers see in the From: line of the email. Visit Creating sender profiles to get started.
Help visitors subscribe
After creating a mailing list, it's a good idea to add places on your website where people can subscribe to it.
Send blast or automated campaigns
Blast campaigns are single campaigns that you send to one or more mailing lists. For example, you might send a blast campaign to let your subscribers know about an upcoming event. To create one, visit Building email campaigns.
Automated campaigns send automatically in response to a visitor's action. For example, you can automatically send an email when someone subscribes to your mailing list or buys a product on your site. To learn more, visit Sending automated campaigns.
Link to campaigns
We automatically create browser-based copies of each campaign. There are two ways for people to open campaigns in a browser:
- View-in-browser - Add a view-in-browser link to the header of any campaign, so subscribers can open the browser version directly from the email.
- Permalink - Each blast campaign has its own URL, which you can share like any other link.
To add a view-in-browser link to any blast or automated email, enable it in the campaign's header.
To copy the permalink URL for a blast campaign:
- From the Email Campaigns dashboard, click Sent, then click the campaign.
- Click Actions, then click Copy Campaign link.
This saves the link to your clipboard. Use the keyboard shortcut ctrl + v on a PC or ⌘ + v on a Mac to paste it.