With our integrated Email Campaigns feature, you can send on-brand emails as beautiful as your website. Email Campaigns is currently in an invite-only Early Access period, and will be available to all Squarespace customers soon.
Email Campaigns can help you:
- Email more efficiently - Update your site and send campaigns within the same interface. Pull key site content such as your logo, products, and blog posts directly into the body of the campaign.
- Enhance your brand - Craft email campaigns that are a seamless extension of your site and brand.
- View more analytics - Integrated analytics give you a more holistic understanding of your subscribers and site visitors.
Before sending your first campaign, go through the steps below.
Tip: You can use Email Campaigns on both desktop and mobile browsers.
Before you begin
- You need an active Squarespace website to use Email Campaigns. If you haven't built your site yet, visit Starting a Squarespace trial.
- To avoid spam filters, we recommend your website have a custom domain and email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
For a limited time, Email Campaigns is available for free to all current Squarespace customers. This period is called "Early Access."
During Early Access, you can send up to 50,000 campaigns per month. For example, if your mailing list has 1,000 subscribers, you could send each of them 50 campaigns.
When Early Access ends, everything you've done will be saved, and you can continue creating drafts and mailing lists, but you'll need to purchase Email Campaigns to send your campaigns.
To learn more, visit squarespace.com/email-marketing.
Tip: A couple weeks before Early Access ends, we'll warn you that it's ending soon with a notification when you're logged into your website.
Step 1 - Open the Email Campaigns Dashboard
After you're added to the Early Access group, open your Email Campaigns Dashboard:
- Log into your site.
- In the Home Menu, click Marketing.
- Click Email Campaigns.
Step 2 - Choose a layout
To draft your first campaign:
- Click Create in the left panel.
- Choose a layout. All layouts are customizable and have the same features. You can also choose Start Blank to build a layout from scratch.
Tip: Once you've sent a campaign, you can use it to create new drafts.
Step 3 - Add and style your content
To build your campaign:
- Hover over the email preview. Blue boxes indicate the different sections in your email.
- Click any section to select it. Then use the options in the right panel to adjust style settings.
- Click the + icons that appear above or below a selected section to add new sections such as text, images, buttons, blog posts, or products.
- Click any existing text to change it.
Your draft automatically saves as you make changes. For more help, visit Building an email campaign.
Step 4 - Create a sender profile
To add the email address your campaign will be sent from, go to your Email Campaigns Dashboard, click Sender Profiles, and then click Add.
For more help, visit Creating a sender profile.
Tip: During this process, you'll be prompted to verify your email and domain to avoid spam filters.
Step 5 - Verify your email and domain
Verifying your email and domain is the best way to avoid spam filters. To see if you need to verify, go to your Email Campaigns Dashboard, click Sender Profiles, then click the profile you'll be sending from.
We recommend using a custom email address, which is an email address you own the domain for, such as email@example.com.
- Whether you're using a custom or free email address, you can verify your email.
- If you have a custom email address connected to a Squarespace Domain, its domain is verified automatically.
- If you have a custom email address connected to a third-party domain, visit Verifying third-party domains for Email Campaigns.
Step 6 - Build your list
To start building a list of subscribers, go to your Email Campaigns Dashboard, click Mailing Lists, and then Add.
You can add email addresses to a mailing list in a few different ways:
- Add subscribers manually - Enter addresses yourself.
- Import a CSV - Import a mailing list from another service, such as MailChimp or Outlook.
- Let people sign up for your list - Add a subscription form to your website so people can add themselves to your mailing list.
For more help, visit Building a mailing list.
Step 7 - Send your email
When you've finished drafting your campaign, go to the Email Campaigns Dashboard and click your draft.
- Click the Email tab in the top-right corner.
- Complete the information in this panel
- Click Send Test to send a test email to yourself, or click Send to Mailing Lists to officially send the campaign.
For more information and a checklist to follow before sending, visit Sending an email campaign.
Step 8 - Review analytics
Once you've sent your campaign, an overview displays in the Email Campaigns Dashboard. To see more details, click Sent, then click the campaign. If your website is on a Commerce plan (Basic and Advanced), you can also see sales resulting from the campaign in the Traffic Sources panel in Analytics.
For more help, visit Tracking email campaign analytics.
For more help, visit these guides:
- Building an email campaign
- Styling an email campaign
- Building a mailing list
- Creating a sender profile
- Verifying third-party domains for Email Campaigns
- Avoiding spam filters
- Email campaign best practices
- Sending an email campaign
- Tracking email campaign analytics
- Email Campaign FAQs
- Adding your business name and address
- Using the Newsletter Block