With Apple Pay on the web, your customers can check out quickly and securely, without manually entering shipping and billing information.
The option to pay with Apple Pay is only visible to customers visiting your store using Safari through iOS 10, macOS Sierra, or more recent operating systems. They'll need to confirm payment with one of the following devices:
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and later
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, and later
- Apple Watch paired with a supported iPhone
Apple Pay is enabled by default, with no additional setup required, for everyone accepting payments using Stripe on Squarespace Commerce.
Note: Apple Pay is currently only available for physical products and donations.
Commerce and payment processors are Premium features available in the current Website Business plan and higher:
- Available in: All Business and Commerce plans
- Available in: Legacy Personal plan (not available for new subscriptions)
- Not available in: Trial sites
- Not available in: Current Personal plan
To learn more, visit Premium features.
Check if you accept Apple Pay
Since Apple Pay provides an additional quick, secure payment option, we recommend leaving it enabled. To check if Apple Pay is enabled:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Payments.
- Click Stripe.
- To accept Apple Pay, keep Accept Apple Pay switched to ON.
- To disable Apple Pay, switch Accept Apple Pay to OFF.
How customers pay with Apple Pay
Apple Pay displays as a payment option for customers checking out on your store or making a donation using Safari through the latest iOS 10, macOS Sierra, or more recent operating systems.
Clicking Apple Pay automatically enters their stored billing information.
- For customers, clicking Apple Pay also enters their shipping address. Customers select a shipping method, and tax charges display after the customer clicks Apple Pay.
- Donors don't need to enter a shipping address, so they review and complete the transaction after clicking Apple Pay.
Then they can approve the transaction with one of the following devices:
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and later.
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, and later.
- Apple Watch paired with a supported iPhone.
Test an Apple Pay transaction
To place a test order with Apple Pay so you can see how customers use it, check out on your store or make a donation using Safari on a Mac, iPhone, or iPad with the latest iOS 10, macOS Sierra, or more recent operating systems.
This will charge the credit card you've connected to Apple Pay, but you can cancel and refund the order or donation to remove this charge. Apple Pay isn't available in store test mode, so you can only test using live orders.
Are there additional transaction fees for Apple Pay?
No. Apple Pay transactions are processed by Stripe and only subject to the standard transaction fees.
Can I view my Apple Pay transactions?
Yes. Apple Pay orders appear in the Payments and Donations panels. These payments aren't differentiated from other credit card transactions at this time, but you can view payments in Stripe to see this information. For more information, visit Viewing payments or Managing donations.