You can change the credit or debit card you use to pay for Squarespace at any time. All Squarespace subscriptions connected to a site, including a website, domains, and G Suite, are charged to the same card.
Before you begin
- Billing is handled on a per-site basis. If you manage multiple sites and want to update the card for more than one of them, repeat the steps in this guide for each site.
- If you contact Customer Care, we might ask you to verify your site ownership by providing information like the last digits of the last card charged for your website subscription. You can find the most accurate information on your invoices. (The card on file could be different than what’s on your invoice if you recently changed your card.)
- This guide covers changing the credit card on file for billing. If this isn't what you're looking for, you can also change your billing plan or reactivate a site.
Step 1 - Open the Billing & Account panel
- Log into your site.
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Billing & Account.
- Click Billing, and then click Credit Card.
Step 2 - Enter the new card
Enter your new card information. Complete all fields and check for errors, as any incorrect information will result in the card being declined. After reviewing the information carefully, click Save.
- Full Name - First and last, or a company name
Tip: The Full Name appears on your invoices. If you're using a company credit card, you can use the company name. The Full Name can't contain numbers.
- Credit or Debit Card Number - For your security, an example number appears greyed out. Click this field to enter a new credit card number.
- CVV - For Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards, the CVV is the three-digit number on the back of your card. For American Express cards, the CVV is the four-digit number on the front of your card.
- Expiration Month and Year
- Postal Code/Zip Code and Country
The updated credit card will be on file for your next scheduled payment.
If you fixed a billing issue or your site was past-due
If your last payment is past-due or you updated your card because you received a billing failure email, saving the new credit card automatically triggers a payment attempt. You can also click Retry Payment. Once the payment is successfully processed, a purchase receipt will display.
All Squarespace sites automatically renew at the end of each billing period using the credit card information on file, unless you disable auto-renew. If you update your credit card before your next renewal date, we’ll use the updated card for the next payment.
If your credit card expires, update your information before your next billing date to avoid a service interruption.