You can change the credit or debit card you use to pay for Squarespace at any time. We charge the same card for all Squarespace subscriptions connected to a site, including your website, domains, and G Suite. If you manage multiple sites, the card on file for each is handled separately. To update the card for more than one of them, repeat the steps in this guide.
All Squarespace subscriptions automatically renew at the end of each billing period using the credit card information on file, unless you disable auto-renew. If you update your credit card before your next renewal date, we’ll use the updated card for the next payment. If your credit card expires, update your information before your next billing date to avoid a service interruption.
You can use these accepted payment methods for Squarespace billing. If you're having trouble, visit Why was my card declined at checkout?
Update your card
To enter a new billing credit or debit card:
- Click this link to open your Account Dashboard, then click the site you want to edit.
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, then click Billing & Account.
- Click Billing, and then click Credit Card.
- Enter your new card information. Complete all fields and check for errors to avoid declined payments.
- After reviewing the information carefully, click Save.
The fields are:
- Full Name - First and last name, or a company name.
- Credit or Debit Card Number - For your security, an example number appears dimmed. Click this field to enter a new credit card number.
- CVC - For Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards, the CVV is the three-digit number on the back of your card. For American Express cards, the CVV is the four-digit number on the front of your card.
- Expiration Month and Year
- Postal Code
Note: It's not possible to remove a credit card on file yourself without replacing it with a new one, but we may be able to remove it for you. To request that we remove billing information from a site, contact us.
If your site is past due or you fixed a billing failure
If your last website subscription payment is past-due or you updated your card because you received a billing failure email, we'll automatically process your past-due payment after entering a new, valid card. For website subscriptions, you can also click Retry Payment. After the payment is successfully processed, a purchase receipt will display.
If your domain expired or your G Suite account was suspended
If your domain expired fewer than 30 days ago or your G Suite account was suspended due to billing failure, you'll need to manually reactivate the account. To learn more, visit Reactivating an expired Squarespace Domain and G Suite pricing, billing, and invoices.
If your Email Campaigns subscription expired
If your Email Campaigns subscription expired, you can resubscribe at any time by going to the Email Campaigns panel and clicking Upgrade Now. To learn more, visit Email Campaigns pricing, billing, and invoices.