We're constantly improving the Squarespace platform to ensure it keeps up with our customers' needs. Sometimes we remove features and templates that are outdated, have more recent alternatives, or are incompatible with the latest web developments. We also remove integrations with products that other companies discontinued.
Here are some features we've discontinued over the years.
Discontinued features and mobile apps
These features are no longer available:
- Adobe Creative Cloud Editor - December 2018 (Replaced with a new built-in editor)
- Analytics app for Apple Watch - November 2016
- Author List Block - September 2016
- Category List Block - September 2016
- Facebook Tabs - January 2019
- Google+ share button - November 2018
- Month List Block - September 2016
- Note App - October 2018
- Post by email - December 2016
- Rdio connected account - May 2016
- Start App - February 2017
- Tag List Block - September 2016
- To edit your site from an iPhone, use our current Squarespace App.
- If you already have a discontinued block on your site, it will continue to work. If you delete a discontinued block, you won’t be able to re-add it again.
- The Archive Block is a great replacement for the blocks we discontinued.
We update plans periodically to better group new features. To learn about our discontinued billing plans, visit Squarespace legacy billing plans.
These are the templates we've retired. If you have one of these installed, you can keep using it. To learn more, visit Understanding Squarespace templates.
- Adversary - June 2017
- Alex - June 2017
- Amelie - June 2013
- Atelier - May 2014
- Beatrice - September 2015
- Boutique - February 2015
- Bricktop - October 2012
- Bryler - December 2016
- Devlin - November 2015
- Dovetail - February 2015
- Eamon - June 2017
- Encore - December 2017
- Faye - March 2013
- Frontrow - March 2015
- Ginger - June 2017
- Hudson - November 2014
- Jensen - March 2013
- Jirick - April 2013
- Lincoln - April 2017
- Marquee - June 2017
- Metro - October 2012
- Minsk - March 2013
- Mint - June 2017
- Particle - January 2013
- Peak - March 2015
- Qubert - March 2013
- Shift - June 2017
- Takk - April 2016
- Taylor - June 2017
Can I still get help with my discontinued feature?
Yes. We'll continue to help you with your site and answer any questions you have.
If bugs or issues arise with the feature, we'll fix them. However, discontinued features are no longer developed and won't be updated with any new options.