Claim your free custom domain.
All Squarespace sites on an annual billing plan include one free custom domain. This domain is free for the first year, starting from the date it's registered or transferred. This offer is valid within one year of signing up or switching to an eligible plan.
You can claim the offer through one of these ways:
- Register your first eligible Squarespace domain through a site on an annual plan.
- Receive a balance adjustment after registering a domain during a trial, then upgrading to an annual plan.
- Receive a balance adjustment after upgrading a Squarespace domain and parking page to a website.
- Receive a balance adjustment to your purchase when transferring an eligible domain.
This guide walks you through these options in detail.
This offer isn't valid for Mobile Start plans or sites on monthly billing plans.
Before registering or transferring a free domain, note these billing details:
- After the first year of domain service, your domain will renew at the annual TLD price. This policy applies to eligible domains linked to sites created in January 2014 or later.
- You can't transfer the free domain offer from one domain to another.
- If you cancel at any time during your free domain year, you forfeit your eligibility for this offer.
- If you switch to monthly billing at any point during your free domain year, you won’t forfeit your eligibility for this offer.
- If you cancel your annual billing plan in the first 14 days, you forfeit your eligibility for this offer. You'll receive a prorated refund, with a deduction to cover the nonrefundable domain registration fee.
- If you downgrade your website platform subscription to an individual subscription for each Squarespace product, we’ll cover the cost of your domain by adding a balance adjustment to your account.
Option 1 - Register a free Squarespace domain
You can register a free Squarespace domain if the domain and site meet the following requirements:
- The domain has an eligible TLD.
- The site is on an annual billing plan.
- The site hasn’t already registered a free Squarespace domain.
To learn more, visit Registering Squarespace domains.
Tip: When you register your free domain, you can purchase more domains at the same time. Prices vary by TLD. Learn why we recommend multiple domains in our Domains FAQ.
Option 2 - Receive a balance adjustment
We'll adjust your balance when you purchase an eligible Squarespace domain in these situations:
- Register a Squarespace domain during a trial - When you upgrade to a website on an annual plan, you’ll see a balance adjustment at checkout for the domain you previously purchased.
- Start with a domain on a parking page - If you upgrade your parking page to a website on an annual plan within the first year of your domain registration or domain transfer, you’ll see a balance adjustment at checkout for the domain you previously purchased. You won't see this balance adjustment if you move the domain to a different site.
- Transfer a third-party domain to Squarespace - When you transfer a domain to a website on an annual plan, we'll adjust your balance to account for your domain purchase when you confirm the transfer. Learn more about transfer costs in our FAQ.
We won't adjust your balance for a domain you previously purchased if you upgrade your site billing plan from monthly to annual, or if you transfer your domain from a site on a monthly plan to one on an annual plan. After you upgrade your site to an annual plan, however, you can register a new Squarespace domain for free.
Tip: To review your free domain discount and other billing information, review your account invoices in the Billing panel. Learn more in Reviewing your Squarespace account invoices.
Any of our TLDs priced at the same rate as .com domains are eligible for free registration. It's not possible to use the free domain offer as a discount for a more expensive TLD.