All Squarespace sites on an annual billing plan include one free custom domain. This domain is free for the first year, starting from the date it's registered or transferred. This offer is valid within one year of signing up or switching to an eligible plan.
If you switched or upgraded to an eligible plan before September 30, 2016, your offer expires on September 30, 2017.
You can claim the offer through one of these ways:
- Register your first eligible Squarespace Domain through a site on an annual plan.
- Apply a credit after registering a domain during a trial, then upgrading to an annual plan.
- Apply a credit after upgrading a Squarespace Domain and parking page to a website.
- Apply a credit to your purchase when transferring an eligible domain.
This guide walks you through these options in detail.
Note: After the first year of domain service, your domain will renew at the standard annual rate. This policy applies to eligible domains linked to sites created in January 2014 or later.
Option 1 - Register a free Squarespace Domain
You can register a free Squarespace Domain if the domain and site meet the following requirements:
- The domain has an eligible TLD.
- The site is on an annual billing plan.
- The site hasn’t already registered a free Squarespace Domain.
To learn more, visit Registering Squarespace Domains.
Tip: When you register your free domain, you can purchase more domains at the same time for $20 to $70 each. Learn why we recommend multiple domains in our Domains FAQ.
Option 2 - Apply a credit
You can get a credit for purchasing an eligible Squarespace Domain in these situations:
- Register a Squarespace Domain during a trial - When you upgrade to a website on an annual plan, you’ll see a credit at checkout for the domain you previously purchased.
- Start with a domain and a parking page - If you upgrade to a website on an annual plan within the first year of your domain registration or domain transfer, you’ll see a credit at checkout for the domain you previously purchased. You won't see this credit if you move the domain to a different site.
- Transfer a third-party domain to Squarespace - When you transfer a domain to a website on an annual plan, you’ll get a credit for your domain purchase when you confirm the transfer. Learn more about transfer costs in our FAQ.
Note: Purchasing a Squarespace Domain on a monthly plan, then switching to an annual plan, won't issue a credit. However, after upgrading from a monthly plan to an annual plan, you can register a new free Squarespace Domain.
The following TLDs are available for free registration: