When you created your Squarespace account, you chose a login email address and password. This guide explains how to change your email address while logged in.
If you're not able to log in and aren't sure what email address you used, visit Recovering your account email address.
Note: Keeping a valid email address on file ensures you receive important notifications about your account and replies from Customer Support. We recommend using an email address you regularly access.
Watch a video
Before you begin
- To transfer ownership of a site to a different account, follow the steps in Changing site ownership.
- To use an email address that’s already associated with another account, invite that address as a contributor. If you try to change your email address to one that's already in use, you'll see an error message.
- To log in through Apple, Facebook, or Google instead of using an email address and password, visit Changing how you log into Squarespace.
- If you have a custom email address for your domain (such as Google Workspace), don’t use your custom email as your account email address. If you forget the password for both accounts, you could be locked out of Squarespace.
- If you're a Squarespace Circle member, changing your account email also updates your Circle login credentials.
- A valid account email address is required per our Terms of Service.
Change your account email address
When you change your account email address, it changes the email address you use to log in for all sites connected to the account. To change your account email address:
- Click this link to open your Account & Security settings. If you're not already logged in, you'll be prompted to do so first.
- Click Change Email Address. You can do this even if you see a warning that says "Email needs to be verified."
Note: If you usually log in through a social account, you won’t see the option to update your Squarespace account email address. Instead, update the email address through your social account.
- Enter your account password.
- Enter your new email address twice.
- Click Save.
- You’ll receive a verification email at the new address from email@example.com. Click the link in the email to confirm your email as a valid address.
Tip: To re-send the verification email, in the Account & Security panel, click Change Email Address, then click Re-send verification.
Updating email address for form storage
Updating your account email address doesn't change where you receive Form Block submissions. You'll need to manually update any forms on your site to send submissions to the correct email address.
To learn more, visit Managing form and newsletter storage.
If you’re locked out of your account
If you forgot the email address associated with your Squarespace account, visit Recovering your account email address.
After recovering your account email address and logging in, you can follow the steps to change your account email address.