The Tag Cloud Block displays tags or categories from a Blog, Gallery, Album, or Products Page in a graphic cloud formation. Each tag's text size is based on how often it's used on the connected page, meaning the tags you use most frequently display larger. You can display the tags in alphabetical order, by weight, or by activity.
The Tag Cloud Block gives visitors an eye-catching option to discover the topics you cover. It's common to place this block in a sidebar.
Step 1 - Add the Tag Cloud Block
- Open a page or post editor.
- Click an Insert Point or the +.
- Select Tag Cloud from the menu.
- For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
Step 2 - Choose a page
In the Tag Cloud Editor, select the page containing the tags or categories to display in the block. You can select a Blog, Gallery, Album, or Products Page.
Step 3 - Select a display type
In the Display Type drop-down menu, choose Tags or Categories.
Step 4 - Sort
In the Sort By drop-down menu, select how tags and categories will sort in the block. You'll see the following options for sorting your tag cloud:
- A-Z - Displays the tags in alphabetical order from A to Z.
- Weight - Sorts tags from most used to least used.
- Activity - Sorts tags by most recently used to least recently used.
Step 5 - Change the tag limit
Use the slider to adjust the number of tags that appear in your cloud, between 5 and 100.
Step 6 - Save
Click Apply to save your changes.
Here's what your Tag Cloud might look like on a Layout Page:
Here's what it might look like in a sidebar: