Use Tag Cloud Blocks to display categories or tags from an Album, Blog, Gallery, or Products Page in a graphic cloud formation. Each tag's text size is based on how often it's used on the connected page, meaning the tags you use most frequently display larger. You can display the tags in alphabetical order, by weight, or by activity.
Tag Cloud Blocks give visitors an eye-catching option to discover the topics you cover. It's common to place a Tag Cloud Block in a sidebar.
Add a Tag Cloud Block
To add a Tag Cloud Block:
- Edit a page or post, click an insert point, and select Tag Cloud from the menu. For help, visit Adding blocks.
- In the Tag Cloud Block editor, select the page containing the tags or categories you want to display. You can select an Album, Blog, Gallery, or Products Page.
- Select Tags or Categories from the Display Type drop-down menu.
- Select a sort option from the Sort By drop-down menu.
- Use the slider to set the number of tags or categories that appear in your cloud, between 5 and 100.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
In the Sort By drop-down menu, select how tags and categories sort in the block:
- Alphabetical - Sorts the tags in alphabetical order from A to Z.
- Weight - Sorts tags from most used to least used.
- Activity - Sorts tags by most recently used to least recently used.
Here's what Tag Cloud Blocks might look like in a sidebar: