We know that starting a new website and a new platform can be daunting at first, so we've created these short videos to show you simple things you can do to get your web presence up and running. The series below will walk you through starting a site, adding content, designing it, and signing up for paid service. If you're new to Squarespace, bookmark this page for future reference while you create your site.
These videos apply to version 7.0. For help getting started with version 7.1, visit About Squarespace version 7.1.
1. The first steps
The first step to creating a Squarespace site is starting a trial. We offer a 14-day free trial so you can try Squarespace and get to know our features. This video covers signing up and entering the basic information for your site.
- Selecting a template (0:27)
- Starting a trial (1:14)
- Getting to know your site (1:25)
- Logo, tag line, and favicon image (1:45)
- Setting basic information (2:18)
2. Your pages & navigation
Your site consists of pages in a navigation menu and additional unlinked pages. This video shows how to create a new page and options for organizing content using features like Index Pages and folders.
- Removing demo content and pages (0:05)
- Restoring deleted pages (0:20)
- Read Me page (0:31)
- Adding a new Gallery Page (0:40)
- Editing a page's settings (1:15)
- Adding a page password (1:38)
- Adding Content Blocks to a page (2:20)
- Using a Form Block (3:05)
3. The site style
You can explore a variety of appearances for your site by switching templates. Use Site Styles to customize this appearance, invent a more unique look, or match it to your existing brand. This video demonstrates switching templates and using Site Styles.
- Site Styles (0:14)
- Changing colors, fonts, and padding (0:44)
- Revert to default style (1:25)
4. Signing up & moving forward
After designing your site, you can upgrade the trial and add a custom domain. This video explains how Squarespace accounts work, upgrading a trial, and connecting a domain name.
- How accounts work (0:05)
- Upgrading a trial (0:55)
- Viewing multiple sites (1:07)
- Inviting contributors (1:20)
- Managing domains (1:36)
- Renaming a built-in domain (1:45)
- Adding a custom domain (2:14)
- Setting up email service (2:54)
- Connecting social accounts (3:17)
- Viewing analytics (3:55)
5. Next Steps
When you've completed this series, we recommend taking a look at our Next Steps Video Series
You can also visit these guides to learn more about getting started:
- Starting a Squarespace trial site
- Logging into your account
- Making style changes
- Is my site live?
- Adding social icons
- Switching templates
- Upgrading to paid service
- Squarespace Domains
- Connecting a domain
- Creating a contact page