If you have a domain with Enom, you can transfer it to Squarespace by following this guide. When you transfer your domain, you can manage all of your domain settings and billing from your Squarespace account. You may also find Enom's guide helpful as you work on the transfer.
Before you begin the transfer, consider reviewing:
- The pricing and billing details.
- Our domain transfer requirements.
- The timing involved in transferring a domain.
- The steps needed to move your custom email address.
Note: Enom no longer sells domains directly to customers. We confirmed the steps in this guide were accurate in 2020. If you find that the steps in this guide are no longer accurate, visit Transferring a domain to Squarespace.
Step 1 - Log into Enom
Go to Enom and log into your account to prepare your domain for transfer. From the top Domains menu, click My Domains.
Step 2 - Verify domain contact information
Scroll down and ensure that all Registrant and Administrative contact information looks correct, especially the email addresses. Both email addresses must be valid and accessible to complete the transfer.
Make any changes, if needed, then click Save.
Note: For a smooth transition, set the domain's registrant and administrative contact as the same person, then let that person handle the transfer.
Step 3 - Unlock domain
From the Manage Domain drop-down menu, click General Settings.
Next to Registrar-Lock, select Disable, then click Save.
Step 4 - Request authorization code
Next to Auth Info / EPP Key, click Email Auth Info to Registrant.
Enom will now send your authorization code to the registrant email address. You’ll enter this code later, so ensure that you have access to the email.
Step 5 - Start the transfer and enter the authorization code
Begin the transfer process in your Squarespace site’s Domains panel:
- Confirm that you’re logged into the correct Squarespace site.
- In the Home menu, click Settings, then click Domains.
- Click Use a domain I own.
- Enter the full domain name you’re transferring in the Domain Name field, then click Continue.
- Click Transfer to Squarespace.
- In the Enter Authorization Code field, paste the authorization code, then click Continue.
Step 6 - Review and confirm the registration details
In the Registration panel, confirm the contact information associated with the domain is correct. These fields automatically populate with registration information we detect from your WHOIS records with your original registrar. For help formatting these fields, visit Domain contact information.
To review and edit the registration details:
- Ensure that the address shown in the Email Address field is correct, as this is how we’ll notify you that your transfer is complete.
- Make any necessary changes to the information. Your changes will update on your WHOIS records when your transfer is complete.
- When everything looks correct and all required fields are complete, click Save and Continue.
Step 7 - Enter or review your payment information
In the Payment Information panel, the card attached to your site appears as the payment method. If your site is on a trial, you'll enter your credit card information. When everything looks correct, click Save and Continue.
If you have any trouble entering your credit card information, ensure you're using a payment method we accept.
Step 8 - Review your order
In the Review Order panel, you'll see the details for the transfer. By transferring your domain to Squarespace, you’ll be charged for one additional year of domain registration with Squarespace. Pricing is based on your domain’s TLD, and may be free if you’re eligible.
To confirm the transfer:
- Review the payment information.
- Confirm the total charge for one year of domain registration.
- Review the terms near the bottom of the panel, including your domain’s new expiration date.
- If everything looks correct, click Confirm and Purchase.
- You'll see a message confirming you've initiated the transfer. Click Done to return to your Domains panel.
Step 9 - Accept the transfer from Enom
After you've entered your authorization code, Enom sends an email to the domain's primary contact with a link to approve or deny the transfer. If you don't click the link, Enom will automatically approve the transfer within five days of entering your authorization code.
Step 10 - Check the transfer status and fix issues
Next, return to the Domains panel to confirm the transfer is in progress. If there's an issue with the domain, an error message will display.
To check the status of your transfer:
- In the Home menu, click Settings, then click Domains. You'll see a "Transfer pending" message under your domain.
- Click your domain, then click Refresh to see the current status.
Transfer status error messages
If your domain displays an error message, you can clear it depending on the message:
- Domain is locked - This message displays if the domain is locked, which blocks the transfer. To fix the issue, log into Enom and unlock the domain. After unlocking the domain, this message will clear.
- Authorization code needed - This message displays if Enom rejected the authorization code you entered in Step 5. To fix the issue, ensure the authorization code is correct, enter it in the error message's text field, then click Submit. We suggest copying and pasting the code for accuracy. After entering the correct authorization code, this message will clear.
Step 11 - Wait for the transfer to complete
Enom should release the domain to Squarespace. If your domain transfer is still pending after 15 days, and you’ve correctly followed all steps above, contact Enom for more details. This timing is out of Squarespace’s control.
While your transfer is in progress, we don't recommend changing your DNS settings or adding a Google Workspace email account. Wait until your domain is fully transferred before adding any new integrations.
When the domain is fully transferred, you'll receive a "Thank you" email from firstname.lastname@example.org, and the domain will appear in the Domains panel with a green label.
Troubleshooting failed transfers
If your domain fails to transfer, you’ll get an email from Squarespace. This can happen if you entered wrong information in the registration field, Enom rejected the transfer, or for other reasons. For a full list of scenarios, see our FAQ.
Cancel or remove the transfer
If your domain transfer is pending, you may be able to cancel it:
- In the Home menu, click Settings, then click Domains.
- Click the domain that's pending transfer.
- Click Cancel transfer.
- Confirm the cancellation.
If your Domains panel still lists the domain as Transfer In Progress, ask Enom to deny it. This may or may not be possible, and depends on whether Enom has already approved and released the domain.
If the transfer failed and you need to try again, you can remove the current transfer before starting over. While this step isn't necessary, you may find it easier to keep track of pending transfers.
- In the Home menu, click Settings, and then click Domains.
- Click the domain under Transfers In Progress.
- In the Transfer Error box, click Dismiss.
You may need to refresh your browser for the failed domain to disappear.
After the domain transfer is complete, you can:
- Cancel your Enom account if you no longer need it. You’ll now manage all domain settings and billing through Squarespace.
- Set this as your primary domain.
- Choose to hide the domain’s “www” prefix.
- Enable SSL for your site, if you haven't already.
- Add a custom email address through our integration with Google Workspace.
- Register additional domains.
- Review your domain invoice.